Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• captain spanky
    Reply to Stickers
    captain spanky
    As far as sticker printers go... i can fully recommend http://stickerobot.com ...cheap and the quality is by far the best i've had. Some stickers i did nearly 8 years ago are still stuck out and about...
    Today, 09:22 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    damonharris
    Logo represent you and your business. If it's presentable enough, that means you are credible too in giving services to the clients or customers. That's why it's very important in any business because...
    Today, 06:12 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to creative business cards
    damonharris
    Choose a design that is creative and effective enough to boost your business and will get the interest of your potential customers. That's what I'm always telling my friends who are in the business. And...
    Today, 06:03 AM
  • Yehoshua
    Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    I've been exploring more with minimalism, but still trying to keep things logical. This is a 11x17 cover for a recent undergrad project I've been working on. Does it work? Why or why not? The blue wacked...
    Today, 04:22 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    vaprarts
    Now i have no real experience working with clients but in my opinion you did what most designers should do. You are being hired as a designer not an artist. Its our job to create work that makes sense....
    Today, 02:58 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo/Identity Critique

I've been kicking these around for a few months. I'm thinking about starting up a freelance group with a few friends. Red is definitely the preferred primary color. All other elements are not concrete. Please hit me up with your thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Official lunchboxbrain blog

humm.. I'm not really feeling any of these here. if I had to pic one I would say the 3rd one...but it needs more.
    "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

I'm not digging these too much, either. But I do have a suggestion for something I'd like better, and I think it would be a more sound and recognized design.

Try taking the lion (or is it a gryffin?) and placing it on a shield (kinda like the Warner Brothers logo), perhaps white and outlined. You can place "Rampant" in the upper half of the shield, and "Creative" in the lower.

More definition on the mouth would help spice it up a little bit, I think.

The creature reminds me of the Karate Kid's signature pose. Hee.

All in all, I think the bulk of the idea has potential.
      Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

I agree with defjoe. The third one (and maybe #2) has potential but needs work.

What is it that you're trying to convey with this logo? What is the concept behind that creature? What are we *supposed* to be feeling?
        You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

Originally posted by JaCkinbOx
          The creature reminds me of the Karate Kid's signature pose. Hee.
          'the crane', maybe. i just think of england.

where are you in the world, jackinbox? north america?

Comment

Hmmm...I like the Griffin, but the concept needs work. Not really feelin' any of the fonts or color combos. What else you got?

Comment

it reminds me of gatecrasher
              Last edited by jamodu; 04-26-2005, 05:15 PM.

Comment

They need work, and you will see that griffin everywhere, one of many styles of them in clip art, not sure what color you chose before putting on web but not a fan of that red shade either

Comment

Comment

Great feedback everyone. EC, as far as the "feeling" of the logo, it should be modern and bold. I'm going to tinker with this a bit but I'll keep you posted. The Rampant (I believe that's what the Scotts call it) might go in the next round of revisions. I'll keep at it!

Mmmm...lunchtime.

Comment

^ and about 1000 more

rampant griffins not revisions, post sld in there
                      Last edited by Envision1; 04-26-2005, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Here are three revisions. The rampant has been slain...RIP. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
                        Attached Files

Comment

So far... the very last one is the best I've seen.
                          I suggest getting rid of the "c",
                          and use this "R" but smaller (little larger than rampant),
                          place it infront of rampant creative (just as it is there).

OR, turn the "c" around.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle carbunkle
                            'the crane', maybe. i just think of england.

where are you in the world, jackinbox? north america?
                            Yes, North America. North Carolina, therein.
                            Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

Almost there...

After consideration and and some additional critiques from friens/colleagues, here's where we stand. I'm not sure which one I like better so please let me know what you think. Thanks!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X