Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• salsa
    Reply to Happy Last Friday of July!!!!
    salsa
    Happy Friday! I'm going to have to go back and find some of these threads! LOL. How do I miss them? Is there a secret passageway to where all the good stuff is kept? It feels like high school all over...
    Today, 08:31 PM
  • Cosmo
    Comment on Please help with company logo
    Cosmo
    There is way too much going on. Think about that logo the size it needs to be on a business card. Will you still be able to make out all the different elements? Simplify, simplify, simplify.
    Today, 08:28 PM
  • Cosmo
    Comment on Please help with company logo
    Cosmo
    We are telling you what needs to be done to fix the problem. Unfortunately it's not as simple as "this wire has come loose" or "replace the motor".

When a client comes...
    Today, 08:26 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Company name help!
    kemingMatters
    CrE8v spelling for the sake of KrE-8f spelling isn't a distinction it's confusion, it's a business name not a personalized license plate.
    Today, 08:05 PM
  • Cosmo
    Comment on Company name help!
    Cosmo
    That's great in theory. But it's a pain in the ass when every time you call a vendor you have to spell your name to them. Our business had a clever name like that. It got old quick.
    Today, 07:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My portfolio website

Well, I just finished my portfolio website. I had to do it for one of my classes. He only gave us one month to do it, so there isn't as much animation as I wanted. When I have more time I'll add more animation to the hand and better transitions between pages. But for now what do you guys think?

web.ics.purdue.edu/~chalsema
    ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

you asked for it...

welcome to the forum. if that's you, you're a cute one.

brace yourself.

- i did't like poking you in the eye, nose, ear or mouth...
    - ...until you didn't warn me of an impending pdf. then i poked like you were a virtual voodoo doll. sorry.
    - if you're going to insist on using pop-ups, make them a manageable size
    - i don't know how many elbows you have in real life, but i'm not sure that hand is in the right spot...

*phew*

saying all that, i think that your site is very creative. you have some work with promise and really sweet freckles. WELCOME TO THE GDF!

Comment

Very cute, good photographies.
      Your pdf seems very professional, i like the color selection on the site, and it seem you have great skills, im finishing my graphic design study too. I think that if you use some animations, it will look better...

Good work.

ikyut
      Last edited by ikyut; 04-28-2005, 02:47 AM.
      I have nothing to say, The Strokes...

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I think what I'd like to do for navigation, when I get around to changing it, is having the buttons elsewhere and just have the picture change when you rollover the buttons. That way there's no poking involved. I actually considered doing that the first time around, but my classmates thought I should do it this way. Oh well.

Do you mean pop-ups like the resume and when you click on the project pictures? I'll have to work on that. I rushed through that part (it's due tomorrow).

The hand is actually in the right place. I have really long arms so sometimes I even look out of proportion in real life.
        ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

Welcome Cassandra,

I wonder what you're thinking when somebody named uncle carbunkle with that avatar says your cute and have nice freckles LOL. Be sure and check uncs pic in the names to faces thread

Comment

oh yeah. thanks kool. (read: i'm not scary...much). well, cassadra is a woman of the world - she knows that i'm not a crusty old mountain man, and you aren't a vector cat.

class assignment? you'll be good. i did mean pop ups like the portfolio & resume - you can tell the computer where to open them and how big they should be. also, what about the samples in your portfolio? ie. the team ice logo (a white rectangle on your pink background...)

oh! and (this is a quick one to fix), your website is called 'Untitled Document'. wouldn't it be nicer as "poke me! poke me!" or "cassandra's portfolio" or "welcome to the terrordome" or something?

Comment

Welcome to the GDF. There are a lot of wild folks around here so keep your eyes peeled Anywho, as far as your site is goes, I agree with the previous suggestions. Another navigation route to consider is (as you stated) some third-party rollovers but have the third-part image be you doing different things (holding a grapefruit, doing a handstand)...something creative to reflect your obvious creativity. Nice samples btw, I like the Typography piece the most. Let us know if you develop a revamp.
              Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

I agree with the "crusty old man's" critiques. I do think your site is very creative, though. Half the battle is catching someone's attention, so well done!

I really dig the "LA" logo and the Type rules animation.

In the words of Captain Hook, "Good form!"

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X