X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Security Label

I've been asked to knock up a 'jazzier looking' version of the top label. What do people think of my version thus far?

Overview:
    We need a label that will be attached to the window of commercial vehicles to advertise the fact that they are
    fitted with a 'Slam Lock' from Bellan.

Job Spec:
    1 x label
    Full Colour
    Must be rectangular
    2 inches x 1 inches - cannot be any larger
    Attached Files

I hate this design so much, but their damned logo and verbiage makes me cringe trying to get it all into a 2" x 1" rectangle. Grrr.

Comment

I like what you have done with #2. It's hard to create something you love when the client places so many restrictions, but it looks good!
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Harcore-restriction clientel are very new to me, so it'll be interesting how they view it. Doesn't help that I only get to do the one proof either ... I mean, c'mon. Give a designer a break ...

Comment

U-
          I definitely dig the color scheme you have going on. As far as your frustrations, keep in mind that the client wants what the clients want. Eventhough what they want 99.9% of the time is utter garbage. Nice work though.
          Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

Thanks G-Man79. I've been very lucky so far that I've had clients leave everything to me ... it really is difficult working like this. I now see why so many people on this forum want to kill so many clients.

Comment

Atleast it is a properly designed logo to where you can shrink it that much, seen many a logos on here that woudlnt even make it to that size

Comment

Is there logo changing to a different color for their branding?

Comment

No, the logo isn't changing. The reason why my version has the logo looking different, is because I hadn't received the final logo, so I just knocked up a temporary one. It was the trickiest thing to fit everything around though ... any background color other than white just throws either the name or the 'b' character out of balance.

Comment

You might want to watch your dark green on light green especially going that small, it will be hard to read from a distance the wat it is but even harder when you have the colors like that. IT should be more contrast between the two

Comment

I think you could be right Envison1 ... even black proved a little awkward, let alone viewing it at 2" x 1". Though print (in my opinion) does allow text a bit more ease of reading over viewing on a digital display, particularly at lower scales.

Comment

Well, the client loved it. Said it was 'exactly' what they wanted. Well ... that was good enough for me. Already spent the cheque, lol.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X