Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• captain spanky
    Reply to Stickers
    captain spanky
    As far as sticker printers go... i can fully recommend http://stickerobot.com ...cheap and the quality is by far the best i've had. Some stickers i did nearly 8 years ago are still stuck out and about...
    Today, 09:22 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    damonharris
    Logo represent you and your business. If it's presentable enough, that means you are credible too in giving services to the clients or customers. That's why it's very important in any business because...
    Today, 06:12 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to creative business cards
    damonharris
    Choose a design that is creative and effective enough to boost your business and will get the interest of your potential customers. That's what I'm always telling my friends who are in the business. And...
    Today, 06:03 AM
  • Yehoshua
    Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    I've been exploring more with minimalism, but still trying to keep things logical. This is a 11x17 cover for a recent undergrad project I've been working on. Does it work? Why or why not? The blue wacked...
    Today, 04:22 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    vaprarts
    Now i have no real experience working with clients but in my opinion you did what most designers should do. You are being hired as a designer not an artist. Its our job to create work that makes sense....
    Today, 02:58 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somnio Designs new logo

Hey all,

I've finally got around to making my logo that i've had the idea for for a while...

The top one is the one I went with, the others being too obvious or too "Construction-site-ish" respectively. I'm curious to know what you think but also not too fussed about criticism so say whatever you want...
    PS - This is what part of the Alphabet would look like if Q & R were eliminated

That top one looks real nice red raw ... real nice job. I also like the bottom-left too ... perhaps since they're based on the same shape (more or less), you can use one or the other, depending on medium you plan to use it for.

Comment

I like the top one also.. the to Dreram in a little hard to read. but if I was a client I would pick the 2nd one. I tend to like stuff more simple and it would be easier to put that on some stationary.
      "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

Originally posted by defjoe
        I like the top one also.. the to Dreram in a little hard to read. but if I was a client I would pick the 2nd one. I tend to like stuff more simple and it would be easier to put that on some stationary.
        There will be a slighty more simple version too, and probably an inverted simple version like the second one, Just as options.

The "to Dream" is just for the hidden detail part. As I go on I might add more hidden detail because when you zoom in on Vectors you can find the most amazing little extra touches, there's a posterised image of me in the droplet, kinda dreaming...

I like to have fun with these kind of things... It's about 90% there.

Comment

I would go with the bottom left. Its a nice clean design and the simplicty will help alot with the reproduction of the logo.
          I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

i like bottom left, too. in the top one, (while very fancy! oh lala!), i see blood. and a tear. i don't want the dreams that make me cry blood.

with the bottom left, i would see how it looks with the top of the curve not cropped...just for comparison. :thumbsup:

Comment

Top one is going to be horrible to recreate in different sizes and b/w. And is not porportionate

Bottom left has been done alot
              Bottom right has alot of potential, can be simplified to work on everything. I dont think they type is flowing with the symbol though.
              I would work with bottom right one Where the s and d come together on the top middle is a little wierd.

Comment

Uncle, good point!

I Might not do it red, in fact it looks great in a bronze colour...I'll play with it.

Bottom left is far to safe for me. For a client it would be good but I'm an Artist, It needs to be eccentric!

Comment

Envision, Hard to re-create? why... it's a vector! and a colour mask makes it B&W straight away!

Comment

flinging monkey poo is eccentric.

just brainstorming, here...

Comment

eccentric and look really cool with lots of effects,

Comment

red raw do you specialize in animation or 3D design?

If so the top one fits you perfectly.

However, if not it is a very nice design, but not exactly graphic designerish,lol. reminds me of a animator or 3D modeler.

Comment

I think they all own, but personall I'm down with the bottom right. sh!t's hott!
                          (with two t's)

Comment

Hot with two T's...like HOTT !!

WOW! You got the "HOTT"
                            I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

you buddies are all insane

i like the Top one, looks really hot on red...
                              I have nothing to say, The Strokes...

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X