Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Reply to HI!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF George

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Typography resources.
    BillyLogan
    Thanks for sharing! I'v been looking for this on the web for hours for my next project and here it is!
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    HI!
    georgemaharis1
    Just posted in printing and prepress. Hope to see it approved shortly!
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    Register from a Gerber to a Roland or vice versa?
    georgemaharis1
    I need to be able to routinely prototype / make comps of self adhesive labels. This includes both clear and opaque. I have access to a ROLAND VS which does a VERY good job, but the metallics it can...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • desmiley1
    Reply to Illustrator won't let me highlight text?
    desmiley1
    Same here, new account...Thanks so much for posting this answer. The zombie post lives and has been re-awakened for 2014!
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bobbyskyART logo

Okay after a tone of sketches, I've come down to the flame concept. I do metal artwork which is what the flame is representing. You can check out my current site (in the process of making a new one) below.

Please let me know which one captures the image of my artwork the best. On my new site I'm going to have photography and paintings also. The top two are the same as bottom two, just in grayscale. The color scheme I'm going to use on my new site, is what the bottom two are.

Last edited by Bobbysky; 04-29-2005, 08:12 AM. Reason: Add Pictures
    Bobbysky
    Site // Blog

I like your second options from each .jpg, I means the uncomplete cyrcle ones, Color is ok for me. by the way the tipography looks perfect.

The completed versions arenīt clear, to many curves on them.

See you

ikyut...
    I have nothing to say, The Strokes...

Comment

I agree, the second option seems much more comfortable and complete.
      ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

Thanks guys

I'm working on a few more potential layouts and type treatments, I will post when I'm finished.

THESE ARE FROM THE FIRST POST I JUST SWITCHED THEM

Last edited by Bobbysky; 04-29-2005, 08:14 AM. Reason: Add Pictures
        Bobbysky
        Site // Blog

Comment

The new sets are at the top

You can check out the new sets of logos at the top of the page. Thx
          Bobbysky
          Site // Blog

Comment

in yuor second set above I like the 2nd one.
            "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

hmmm. I prefer the font that you've used in the blue/black logos (the first one of the two has a nicer symbol too.)

nice work though
              Last edited by jamodu; 04-29-2005, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I prefer the original ones you posted as well.
                I think your type choice works well with your design.

Reason why? Your font choice in the original logos totally compliment your symbol in your logo, almost as if it is part of the font itself. I wouldn't change that at all..great unity within that original logo.
                I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

plus on the new font, I read "booby" just f.y.i. then again, haven't had my coffee yet and it is very early.

I am loving these though, the bottom one is sharp.
                  Last edited by EC; 04-29-2005, 02:31 PM.
                  You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

LMAO @ EC....she ^^ makes a good point!

I definately would stay with your original type treatment. The logo is nice, clean and reads well..it doesn't need anything more done to it IMO.
                    I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

i read booby too on the color ones, something about that font maybe. or maybe i'm subconciously thinking about the island. the fonts in the first one match the flame symbol perfectly.

Comment

Just had another look and I'd still stick with the first colour logo (with the full circle in the symbol) If anything, try playing around with the grey colour in the symbol...black might look better.

As for seeing boobies...you lot are just obsessed

Comment

Thanks everybody

Thanks you everyone for the comments, I really appreciate it. I've been pondering the logo for a long time now. I was really happy with the original text but I wanted to explore some other options with different layouts.
                          Bobbysky
                          Site // Blog

Comment

Your type needs alot of work
                            I dont see the need for the circle around the flame, what is it there for? it serves no purpose.
                            I think your flames need to be fixed there a little choppy especially on the bottom middle where the 2 come together, why not smooth that out.
                            You have a winner here with a little tweaking and a good font choice

Comment

thx

Thanks envision, I'm in the process of reworking my type right now. I like my mark at the moment, I have cleaned up some of the lines in the flame. I'm going to be hard at work to try and get this thing done this weekend.
                              Bobbysky
                              Site // Blog

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X