Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Lucifer
    Reply to Need color choice help on logo design...
    Lucifer
    What does this company do?
    Today, 04:52 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    Roth
    You're in danger of having too many elements. If you're going to make something of the W being different, make it noticeably different (I assumed the Woodruff was in the W font, and took me a while to...
    Today, 04:46 AM
  • jwood
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    jwood
    Thanks for the thoughts and questions. I had several tries with the same font but it always looked too plain. The different fonts seemed to help the logo to stand out but still look professional. I'll...
    Today, 04:31 AM
  • EmberMike
    Reply to The End of Adobe Creative Suite is upon us...Creative Cloud shift
    EmberMike
    Resurrecting an oldie here...

I've been a CS6 holdout but now I'm at a point where I need to buy After Effects and I can't find a reasonable price on it anywhere. My upgrade to CC may be...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • B
    Comment on Hey guys, I'm wondering which domain name sounds better.
    B
    You might try always spelling it out with mixed case, as in MichelleBethDean.com. Domain names aren't case sensitive, so it'll work with no problem. It'll also eliminate any confusion over what it says...
    Today, 02:00 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse Training Logo

This is for a company that trains and breeds thoroughbread horses. They are looking for a company identity and I tried to hit several styles so that there were several options. Please hit me up with some feedback. Thanks.

Chris
    Attached Files
    Chris
    Fuelded by Imagination

nice logo

Number 3 no doubt, its the more balanced and the horse shape is very clear to see. I think this is the way you need to follow.

ikyut.
    I have nothing to say, The Strokes...

Comment

But now that Im looking better, i think you need to work on the horse shape some, the back of teh neck is like a curve and look strange, but meybe its me. try to make it with some hair, because the horses has some hair at teh back of the neck. hope you undestand my point, and my english too. see ya amigo, good luck with the caballo.

ikyut
      I have nothing to say, The Strokes...

Comment

Number 3 is the one I'm immediately drawn to. I do agree that you need to work on the thickness of the neck on the horse image. It looks a little distorted and cartoony right now. One other thing to consider is possible placement of the logo on stationery and other items - you may want to flip the direction the horse is "looking" as most people read left to right and this image directs the viewers eyes immediately to the left - and you create a bit of a visual conflict for your viewer.

- J.
        Jeff Fisher | Engineer of Creative Identity
        Jeff Fisher LogoMotives | Twoot! Twoot!

Comment

#2 and 3 are really good. love the horse siloutte(sp?). I'm a huge fan of that. VERY recognizable. Good work. Like the colors also and the spacing of the letters in both ones I picked.
          "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

number 3 is awesome, the other ones I think the tracking on type is stretching to such a limit the Font Abuse Police will be knocking on your door. If your going to stretch 'farms' stretch it under one word...'crest'
            Tapp-d
            "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

I agree, I think number three is your best, although number one has potential as well. I really like your colour choices, but agree on the horses neck.
              match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

2 and 3 are the best I think. I like where you are heading with this. I'm really fond of your color scheme you have chosen as well. I am leaning more towards #2 for the overall design, I think its nice and well balanced.

Then again - #3 is simple, and clear. Shoot I can't decide!
                #'s 2 and 3 are the ones I would continue on if I were you
                I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

#3, but more 'horse' and less 'seahorse'. :thumbsup:

Comment

Thanks a TON for the feedback. I actually used an image of a horse to get the outline I used for the logo. Here's the pic. The only problem is I don't really see how I could change it since it's what a horse actually looks like... any tips?

Chris
                    Attached Files
                    Chris
                    Fuelded by Imagination

Comment

I think the problem is that none of the horse's mane is showing like in the photo.

-J.
                      Jeff Fisher | Engineer of Creative Identity
                      Jeff Fisher LogoMotives | Twoot! Twoot!

Comment

The Problem

The problem is that picture of a horse. I grew up on a farm and in all my life I've never seen such a weird looking horse. It almost looks like that one has been starved or is just some different breed I've never seen. You might want to look at a different reference photos. For example.

Bobbysky
                        Site // Blog

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll take that into consideration.

Chris
                          Chris
                          Fuelded by Imagination

Comment

My preference is for number 3 aw well. (-:

I see what you mean about taking it from a real horse image, but there are a lot of different types of horses, and a lot of different angles that can change the way the horse looks.

Is the picture of a thoroughbred horse?

--Mariana

Comment

Yes that is a picture of a thoroughbred. Thanks for the input.
                              Chris
                              Fuelded by Imagination

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X