Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out my site MAKstudios

Hi guys...
    I started a little early on this project, want to have some sort of foundation for my company laid out before I complete my degree in 2 months time.

My website is

www.makstudios.co.uk

I also offer Hosting and URL domain name registering at a very low prices.
    I haven't had time to offer that on my website. I will get round to that later on this month.

you opinions will be welcomed...

IF there are and I suspect there are many very active designers viewing this tread then I would like you guys to help me out by filling in a question air for my final year dissertaion.

The question air consists of 13 simple questions.

The link is:
    http://www.makstudios.co.uk/Data_Base/index.asp

Thanks Guys
    MAK
    For all your Design, Print & Media needs www.MAKstudios.co.uk

MAK studios also offers hosting and Domain name registering...

Sorry to say this but it's completely screeming "TEMPLATE" to me.

Did you design this from scratch?

Comment

hello, Thanks for your feed back.

Yeah I designed it from scratch, all my sites tend to look like templates, its just how I design them, would you say that is a negative thing?

Thanks
      mak

Comment

Yea it's a bad thing cause your style is not really your style. I mean for inspiration I would use templates that fine but you gotta switch it up so it’s doesn’t resemble the “template” look so much.

Comment

Benjo
          I hear what you are saying.
          I honestly believe, when creating art work for print, having a personal style can be beneficial to the design you are doing.
          For websites, if the client is happy with the look, and it works for there cliental then using templates or having website which look like templates isn't to bad....

But, your right about my site, it does shout out alot...

Comment

Okay

Good:

I like the overlay cross-hatch, angled, and vertical lines. The color scheme is good. The top banner is cool, (-) business men. Typography is good.

Bad:
            Definently looks like a template. Not so much on the opening page, too much going on. You don't have to layout every single thing that you do on the opening page. They will have an idea just from your graphic design skillz. Take out the calendar, email to friend, and the thumbnails on the left side (again too much).Get rid of the generic office people, unless that is the only clientele your shooting for. But based on your skillz it looks as if you might like to do some stuff that is fun and creative, more so than boring business websites, IMO.

I like the rest of the site, you might want to cut your portfolio section page in half and have the user click to go to next page, to eliminate the scrolling down so much. That is personal preference though.

Conclusion:

You have good skills no doubt. Hopefully my points are clear, if not just ask me. You have a great start there, it just looks to blah. You want to stand yourself apart from the rest of the crowd thus you make yourself stand out to a prospective client. Keep going.
            Bobbysky
            Site // Blog

Comment

thanks for all your feedback, most of the points being made, I will defiantly take in to consideration soon as I get my dissertation out of the way.

Benjo, Bobbysky if you have a mint, would you mind filling in my question air...

http://www.makstudios.co.uk/Data_Base/index.asp

Thanks
              MAK

Comment

Is it just my eyes today morning or does that website seem slightly off-centred? Is it meant to be in the centre or the left? Make your mind up.

Benjo, I have to re-voice your opinion. It surely does look like a template. Maybe if isn't wasn't so 'standard' looking... try add some flare to it...

(where are the emoticons?)

Comment

The colors are refreshing, I like the calander and the time, very good function but like I said the layout. Remember you can always be as strong as your weakest point.
                  yeah It does look very template like. It reminds me of the quick designs my former employer use to make. Quick 1,2,3 layouts. If I where you I'd go through the whole design process and find what is it that you want to be like.
                  Todo lo que se es que no se nada. Socrates

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X