Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• murofwoh
    so, i have decided to start up a bit of freelancing
    murofwoh
    to help pay the bills. three kids, one a high school junior, plus some big bills coming due have forced my hand. one cool thing is I made this decision after someone asked me to help them out with some...
    Today, 01:23 AM
  • murofwoh
    Reply to Logo feedback needed
    murofwoh
    it isn't the worst logo I have ever seen, but it has a bit of a clip art feel to it, like you used a cityscape clip art then a clip art runner then a jet and melded the three. also more exploration with...
    Today, 01:14 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Dojo Dragon Shirt Design.
    BillyLogan
    Great job! Nice choice of colors - young, fun and very happy. Must agree with MaNL though about the character's emotion. But that is not much of an issue. Over-all, you did great, man!
    Today, 01:03 AM
  • cysir
    Comment on Personal Logo Concepts
    cysir
    Thanks for the response! I started out sketching, actually. Thanks for the link!
    Today, 01:00 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Sand Queen
    BillyLogan
    WOW! That's all I could say. You've got talent, man and I hope you'll hone it. At you are your work is very impressive and I can see that you've got an eye for art. Just keep it up and I wish you all...
    Today, 12:58 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Logo

What do you think of my new logo? Any suggestions/comments are appreciated. I really like the gradient background so I want to keep that and the font. My site will be going live soon.
    Attached Files

ermm..
    putting gradients on logos is a bad thing. erm..
    it doesnt look profesional enough.that is if you want to use it to impress future clients.
    i need wii friends =)
    5289 3036 7758 7104

Comment

I thought it was original, no one has cool gradients in their logos and sweet bevels like this on the font.

Comment

hey keith, branding your company is one of the hardest things to do. We tend to be our own worst critics, I think!

A few things that you will want to keep in mind:

you will probably want to tone down the color a little bit... if you were to get the logo printed, the more color you use, the more expensive it will be to reproduce. Also, if you were to fax something with your logo on it, it would just come out as a black blob.

I think that you MIGHT want to reconsider the font you are using, because that one is overused. Also, if you are targeting "professional" (read: stuffy) clients, they may be turned off by the casual feel of your logo.

a logo should be effective even when scaled down to 1" x 1" for printing on business cards and whatnot. you probably want to avoid raster effects like the drop shadow, bevel, and glow on the text which can get mushy or pixellated when the image is resized. And make sure that you have a vector version of the logo so that it can be resized easily without losing resolution.

What do you want your logo to say to your clients? Have you thought much about what sort of clients you want to attract? And the overall look and feel of your website? That can make a big difference in your approach. It looks to me like you want your logo to say "fun" and "friendly", which are ideas that will appeal to people, but I think that you might want to try to boil it down to give it more visual impact and instant recognition.

I hope that helps some!
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Thanks for the constructive critism morea. So back to the drawing board. I'll tone down the colors a little and add some sweet motion effects like turning into an animated gif. I really want to get peoples attention. I know my designs are good, I'm just not good with color. And the font is comic sans, it's my favorite font. It's casual and bold. It may be overused however that's what I believe makes it good. People love that font.

Comment

^ it is a good point that while a lot of *designers* hate comic sans because it is so overused, a lot of more "normal" people (aka - clients!) love it!

Keep us in the loop with your updates! I'm eager to see what you do with it!

Comment

4 years of art school and no one told me comic sans is hated by designers. Go figure! I use it for everything. bodycopy/logos/captions. I can't get enough of it. Plus I'm addicted to gradients.

Comment

A few things to consider: Try to incorporate some symbolism, but keep it simple and unique. Find a font that stands out from the crowd, not blends in. Study well-known logos for ideas on what works. Try to stay away from Photoshop special effects, as they will not reproduce well, and frankly, just aren't necessary most of the time.

There was a good link somewhere to an archive list of major company logos.
                Li'l help?

Comment

comic sans is like paris hilton.
                  a nice enough font but too much of it and it makes people sick.
                  i need wii friends =)
                  5289 3036 7758 7104

Comment

I'm sorry I can't string you people on any longer. You guys are too dang nice! I made this because I read that "comic sans forum" so I thought I'd make a very ugly logo using it to see what kind of neg feedback I'd get, just for fun. Morea I thought you catch on first? I'm such a trickster!! hehehe

Comment

I had a funny feeling you were up to something keith... but I tried to be helpful anyway!

^ it's good practice for when my client brings me the same thing later on today and asks me what I think of it! lol

Comment

i knew you were joking, there was no way i could take that seriously. especially when comic sans and gradients are being discussed.
                        Short Attention Gamer | UFClounge

Comment

its not ugly. its not nice eh. =)
                          i need wii friends =)
                          5289 3036 7758 7104

Comment

by the way, you need to add a "swoosh"!

Comment

I was going to say "this is a gag... who is this Magnus?"
                              "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X