Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Created Logo in PS, question about file
    KitchWitch
    Hi Chromez and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Thank you for your answer PrintDriver. Seems like I was misinformed. I'll probably have to buy another printer that can print on thicker card stock then. Do you have any suggestions as to what printer...
    Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • zablockit
    Reply to Please critique my new game design
    zablockit

Ok, skeuomorphic looks awesome!

What do you think now?

What would you improve?...
    Yesterday, 09:11 PM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Font Management
    lowfatgraphics
    Thanks.

I was testing the Font Suitcase and seems to be screwing with my Chrome bowsers...after some googling--looks like its a known issue. FEX it is then.

Thanks Garricks....
    Yesterday, 08:29 PM
  • <b>
    Comment on RIP: The Necrology Thread
    <b>
    As just a listener of music, his work with Cream, along with Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker, have been among my most favorite pieces of music since I was just a kid. Somehow it always manages to surprise...
    Yesterday, 07:25 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Concepts

Just throwing out some ideas on updating my current logo. Now disregard the font used, most likely i'll be creating my own. These are the first drafts, so there are more concepts to come. I'd still like to utilise my symbol in some way but i'm open to a whole new concept. Things still have to be tweaked and adjusted but before i finalize anything I wanted to get some ideas going first, any feed back is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by _Tyger_; 05-04-2005, 08:16 PM.

Tyger. I will be honest..

I really think that your logo works perfect by itself (the one in the avatar the dragon with tha open wings), and when Iīm saying perfect, I mean perfect 10 points, I love that logo is very agressive, balanced and look great alone, you donīt need to add nothing more, this thing like claws doesnīt help.

About the type i find somethinfg like orient or asia on it. but itsīnice if you want an orient logo.

hope this help you.

ikyut
    I have nothing to say, The Strokes...

Comment

i have to say i agree with ikyut, i think that the claw thing is suppose to be a mc but only after looking at really hard trying to figure out what you were trying to do. if this isn't what you were going for look again 'cause there is a mc there to work with.
      Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

Thanx for the feed back guys!

I really like the symbol too, I just thought I'd incorporate the MC somehow (that's what the first logo is) Maybe I just have to find a way to work in the text better with my original logo.

I appreciate you guys being honest, that's what i wanted.

here's the original concept.

Comment

Yeah that looks really hot..

Comment

Tyga. try the text at the botton to see the entire dragon, and your logo will become powerful, but the last you post is really great and the only thing than i donīt like is the black shadow you add, however I think you used it to emphasize on the white letters, for that reason i want to see the text at the botton.

Tyga start thinking that you already have a great logo. see ya dude.
            I have nothing to say, The Strokes...

Comment

Originally posted by _Tyger_
              Thanx for the feed back guys!

I really like the symbol too, I just thought I'd incorporate the MC somehow (that's what the first logo is) Maybe I just have to find a way to work in the text better with my original logo.

I appreciate you guys being honest, that's what i wanted.

here's the original concept.

is this serious or another one like the KW logo
              very amature looking

Comment

care to explain?

Comment

the first round reminds me of a sports team logo. Maybe WSU. http://www.wsu.edu/identity/identity...ogo/index.html

Something about it says, "I'm gonna kick your a$$" lol

The original logo is better, but I think you need to go easy on the gradients and shadows and photoshop tricks.

You're on the right track, work on the text and stay closer to the original.
                  You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

Hey Slug, what an appropriate name for someone who keeps slithering back in here after being banned around 15 times now. Why do you keep coming back? We all think you're a totally obnoxious turd. You're always slamming others work with your irrelevant posts. Funny in all your many identities I don't ever remember seeing any of your designs. Well hot shot, lets see em.

Comment

Thanx for the constructive criticism EC. the final won't have the gradients and shadows, it'll just be a dark red, as for the text i'm trying to see what best fits. will update soon.

Slug- In no way am I a professional, but I am going to create something simple...that's my style simple and effective.

Comment

it' s all good Kool...I don't mind being slammed, just back it up with something! I can take it and I can give it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kool
                          Hey Slug, what an appropriate name for someone who keeps slithering back in here after being banned around 15 times now. Why do you keep coming back? We all think you're a totally obnoxious turd. You're always slamming others work with your irrelevant posts. Funny in all your many identities I don't ever remember seeing any of your designs. Well hot shot, lets see em.
                          Hahaha ... Kool. Take it easy cat. lol

Comment

Tyger ... I also think your dragon-esq symbol is strong enough to focus your logo concept on. I think adding clutter around it, is doing just that. Perhaps you might want to add some subtle details to it though, if you find it isn't strong enough as a logo as is. Such as, some subtle wing detail or a flame. Perhaps a flam could somehow be used to introduce a background colour for the symbol, like your current concepts have been trying to do. It could then still work as a 2-colour design, possibly.

Edit: Drat, my browser didn't display your black/red variant logo, until I'd posted my feedback. It looks good, but I wouldn't cover the logo quite so thoughtlessly, if you can help it. I still think you should see a way to make the symbol work by itself first.
                            Last edited by Ulysses; 05-05-2005, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Kool no clue what your talking about. I joined this forum a while ago and kind of died off it. And recently came back because I got a new computer back at home. I havent been on here for a atleast a year.

If you think the logo is good and worth portyring yourself fine go for it. I am giving you my critique if you can take ctiisism in this field you may as well get out right now. The shadows the embossing, the multicolored type through the dragon. If you think it works go ahead and use it, just hink you would only want your best of best to portray your company. I dont see any connection to it for design. IMO

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X