Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roofing Logo

Where to start!?!

I'm still playing with my first idea on this one, just thought i'd get some feedback, to see what works and what doesn't... The Arial font probably won't be staying, i'm having trouble deciding whether to go for a thick or thin font!?!

I'm not sure about the balance.. Do you think it needs a thicker font on the 'roofing services' text?

The colours aren't set in stone either, just a colour combination i had on something else. I only really put them on for the contrast...
    Attached Files

thick font for sure. gives the idea of strength and you want that with a roofing company. I like the A in a house. works really well.
    "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

Yeah i was thinking that a thicker font would give it better balance, but i'm having trouble finding one that likes to scale down!?! At the moment i can scale this down to about 20/25%, but i find that to do this with a bolder font i have to really up the pt size!?! I think it's just a case of needing to find the right font...

Does the cloud look alright? I can't decide if i like it or not lol!?!

Cheers for the comments Joe!

Comment

i think it looks sweet, beano, arial, cloud and all... imho, I don't think I'd change a thing... Great job!

Comment

works for me beano. As i always say, simple yet effective.

Comment

Looks really good, I like the idea.
            I would also try a simplified version where there are less angles in the main font, also try making the rain drops fewer and larger. I'm partly thinking of how it might look when you've shrunk it down small.
            Business website: Jackfruit Design
            Personal blog: theSheep.co.uk

Comment

Beano,
              I'm diggin' it and I completely thing the size of the font is perfect. Any bigger than that and it will start to look too bloated. My only concern is the drops of water from the cloud. Now I'm could be wrong on this but that would be tough for print since it's so small. Other than that I like it, good job!!!
              Chris
              Fuelded by Imagination

Comment

Really nice job. I agree with some of the others...maybe make a few less water drops and make them bigger.

Other than that, I think it's really cool!
                tmooregraphics
                Horsepower For Your Business!
                Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

Comment

Thanks alot for the comments guy's, i didn't even think about the raindrops at all!?! Doh!

Comment

Hi. Very nice logo. Here's an idea i had. What if you made the C-R-F & T the same orange-y color as the A and instead of a bunch of little raindrops, you made 3 or 4 larger ones, in blue of course, with the biggest one in place of the upper window in the "A" house? Does that make sense?

- Ed

Comment

ED,
                      That's a great idea... Beano' that would be a really good idea to shoot toward. Post another mock up when you've changed it a bit, I'd like to see the progress.
                      Chris
                      Fuelded by Imagination

Comment

i'm not sold on the raining cloud...
                        i like the idea of the c-r-f-t also being the same color as the a
                        i like the thickness of the 2nd line of text but think i would center it or strech it to the same length.

just a couple things to try. good luck.
                        Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

I'll have a play with it, but i don't think i'll put the rain drop in the window, as the idea is to keep the water out of the building...

Comment

Here's the updated version, and a version with all of 'craft' coloured. I prefer the first one personally, what do you think?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yea, I'd go with the first one too, after with all of the "craft" colored, the color kind of clashes with the bottom words since it has the same color.

As I was examing the logo I will go with the second one if theres any way so the color won't clash with the bottom character.
                              Last edited by Takayuki; 05-11-2005, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X