Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• sketch28
    What is this type of design called?
    sketch28
    I really like this type of design and would like to try my hand at some of my own, but I would like to see more examples of it. Could anyone tell me what it's called?

Sorry...
    Today, 05:32 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Created Logo in PS, question about file
    KitchWitch
    Hi Chromez and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Thank you for your answer PrintDriver. Seems like I was misinformed. I'll probably have to buy another printer that can print on thicker card stock then. Do you have any suggestions as to what printer...
    Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • zablockit
    Reply to Please critique my new game design
    zablockit

Ok, skeuomorphic looks awesome!

What do you think now?

What would you improve?...
    Yesterday, 09:11 PM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Font Management
    lowfatgraphics
    Thanks.

I was testing the Font Suitcase and seems to be screwing with my Chrome bowsers...after some googling--looks like its a known issue. FEX it is then.

Thanks Garricks....
    Yesterday, 08:29 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Website

So I was hired by a buddy of mine to do website for his dog walking "business." Here is the "almost" finished product. I have yet to add the links but how do you think it is so far? He gave me nothing to work with and wanted it to "look cool." I hate when people give you know idea of what they want their site to look like. Anyway please critique! Thanks

http://img106.echo.cx/my.php?image=bradsite6ej.jpg

This is also my first ever "logo" so any critiques on that too would be nice...

The onlt thing I could see changing is possibl darkening the white bg a bit to a VERY light brown and maybe lightening the dog up...What do you think?
    Last edited by pbjorge12; 05-10-2005, 02:21 AM.

I love it when my clients have a general idea what they want, but when they don't have any concept except "make it look cool", then I do just that -- make it look cool. However, I make a point of running a rough draft for them first before investing a truckload of time in an idea that doesn't appeal to them.

It's worked well for me and saves a lot of time for both my clients and myself.

But enough about that. On to your design.

I like the look of your template, and the logo is very nice and suits the theme well. However, I'm not sure a logo in that particular form would work well in printed advertising, but for the sake of the website it's great. The dog is very cute, but I might encourage you to cycle through different dogs for it -- in fact, it would be a cool feature to include a script that displayed a different dog every time the page loads.

The content box on the left might do well to have curved corners instead of squared off. Also, make sure that any content you have in their isn't lost in the background image.

All in all, it's a very nice start; I like where it's going. Keep me posted.

P.S. I'm surprised a dog walking service would have a website. What an age we live in, huh?
    Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

I don't have to worry about print advertising. It will only be used online. THanks for the comments.

Is their any way to make the dog random without PHP? My customer's host does not have that. (Geocities charges a fortune for paid hosting and doesn't even offer PHP or MySQL)

Here is the new updated image (Much better looking IMO...Less boxy and a bit more colorful) Also why would the logo not be print friendly? I don't know much about logo designs and would like too know. Thanks

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think a random image script can be accomplished with Javascript.

I wasn't meaning to imply that the logo wouldn't be print friendly. What I was meaning is that I don't believe it's well balanced for a wide variety of use. For example, it wouldn't work too well at a small size if displaying it alongside a lot of other more square logos were something you might have a need to do. If print work were something intended in the future, you might capitalize on the dog silhouette as a logo.

I'd say more, but it's bed time for me. I hope I've been helpful.
        Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

I understand...So you think just the dog and smaller text would look good in print or just the dog and a web address or soemthing. I will research javascript random image stuff...How many do you think I'd need 3 or 4?

Comment

Here is the final version (With navigation)...Please critique

http://waggerdog.cq.bz/

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
            Working...
            X