Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Reply to HI!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF George

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Typography resources.
    BillyLogan
    Thanks for sharing! I'v been looking for this on the web for hours for my next project and here it is!
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    HI!
    georgemaharis1
    Just posted in printing and prepress. Hope to see it approved shortly!
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    Register from a Gerber to a Roland or vice versa?
    georgemaharis1
    I need to be able to routinely prototype / make comps of self adhesive labels. This includes both clear and opaque. I have access to a ROLAND VS which does a VERY good job, but the metallics it can...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • desmiley1
    Reply to Illustrator won't let me highlight text?
    desmiley1
    Same here, new account...Thanks so much for posting this answer. The zombie post lives and has been re-awakened for 2014!
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please give suggestions for logo.

Logo design is not my strong suit and I am a novist at Illustrator. I need to create a new logo for my company because I have changed the name. The name is Vivid Visual Solutions.

I am designing http://lnwwebdesign.com and I will be using the new logo on the site. I am trying to coordinate the colors in the logo with the site colors.

I would appreciate any suggestion that you have to improve these attempts.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by s_spice1131; 05-10-2005, 08:18 PM.
    http://vvsol.com

Logos are definitely an acquired taste, especially when it comes to your own design business. I consider myself reasonably good at logos and I’ve been tweaking my identity for a long time now... I’m still not happy.
    Honestly, I like your first logo, your second, to me, is too cliché. The third I would scrap. (Only my opinion...)

Some Suggestions:
    Logo 1: I like your colour choice, kind of corporate but not... Not sure about the gradient, there a difficult thing to print well, especially if reproduced in b&w

My tip is that a logo always works, if it works in b&w. try in b&w then worry about the colour.

Good Luck

Comment

#1. I like this one the most of the three, although i'd move the mark slightly, as i don't really like the way it interferes with the 'L'.

#2. I quite like this one too, but think you should remove the blue box; placed with the three initials, it makes me think this is also an initial and i start thinking 'i' or 'l'!?!

#3. Not sure why, but this one doesn't do anything for me!?! I think it's partly because the 'visual solutions' comes out of the inner circle, and the 'V' in vivd, just slips out of the outer circle!?! This maybe intentional, but it doesn't look intentional, it looks like nothing really fits together.

Comment

Number 1 certainly grabbed my attention.
        Didn't care for either 2 or 3
        Viki Anderson Graphics & Design on Demand
        Through the Looking Glass

Comment

#1 is the best of the lot. but that cut at the bottom of the gradient really bothers me. My eye sees that right away.
          "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. I will take your suggestions and see if I can improve #1, since that one seems to be the concensus.

I will also see if I can make some changes to #2 too. I think that this one has potential to be less cliche if I keep at it and with your suggestions. I will start out by taking out the blue in the background.

Keep the suggestions coming.
            Last edited by s_spice1131; 05-10-2005, 08:17 PM.

Comment

i'm for #2.

#1 could work, minus the gradient, however something about the balance is bothering me. it also may look better with a slight chunkier font. the concept is nice, though, so it's worth playing with.

Comment

Does anyone have any suggestions for making #2 better. The suggestions for #1 sound great.

Comment

as far as i'm concerned, #2 works. plain and simple.

Comment

I made a logo named VIVID DESIGN

I was making a logo for one client, who never pay me my money. check this out maybe you can used it to free your mind to other options.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by ikyut; 05-10-2005, 10:24 PM.
                    I have nothing to say, The Strokes...

Comment

From your logos i like the number 1, here is another ones from the same logo, diferent options

If you want some of them, please private message me.

ikyut
                      Attached Files

Comment

DeleteYourself: Thanks for the feedback. I like it too. I will concentrate on perfecting #1. Then I will pick from the two.

Ikyut: I like the Vivid Design logo. It is really interesting and the color combination is cool. The others aren't really my taste, but they are pretty cool.

Comment

ok s_spice1131, thanks a lot.

ikyut

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X