Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• salsa
    Reply to Design Quotes
    salsa
    They want you to do a mock quote and didn't tell you how to do it? That's strange that they would even do this because there are a lot of steps in the real world of business that you have to go through...
    Today, 02:33 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to New Logo for a Glass Bottle Cutting Device
    Buda
    I don't see any progression. It's the same concept.

Try and work on some more interesting concepts.

Things to think about:
    Who is the target market?
    What is the...
    Today, 01:51 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Critique for my logos
    Buda
    What is your background? Are you a student or a designer?

These don't look like real logos to me because they can't be used in the real world. It looks like you have thought up concepts but...
    Today, 01:47 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to (Possibly) doing a commission for the first time, need intro
    Buda
    Just curious if you are thinking of using copyright and trademarked comic book and movie characters in your design?
    Today, 01:44 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Design Quotes
    Buda
    Hi c_fowler336 and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain...
    Today, 01:37 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Planning Stuff

This is part of a favor for a wedding shower that my business partner came up with. She does event planning.

The object tied with the ribbon is a heart made of biodegradable materials. Within the heart are various wildflower seeds made for planting.

The paper over the card is vellum, and upon it are the Chinese characters for harmony, long life, and love.

On the card is printed a personal message for the shower guests.

Please leave some warm compliments for my partner's job well done. I think she did a great job.

More:

Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Very slick, well done all round i must say...

Comment

Very nice job, looks great but I would reconsider the wildflower seeds for the only reason is that where ever you have the event(s) doe's the location, ie. Church, Club, Park..., want to get stuck with with the hassle of wildflowers popping up everywhere the seeds are dropped or thrown if you plan to use them like "rice at a wedding"?

Comment

i don't get the heart (maybe its just a pic) looks a lil too anatomically accurate to me
        a drink a day keeps the shrink away

Comment

Originally posted by UmmYeahOK
          i don't get the heart (maybe its just a pic) looks a lil too anatomically accurate to me
          It's cut out from reformed paper pulp. Still perfecting the technique to get a better mold.

Good eye, there.

Comment

Originally posted by tperkins
            Very nice job, looks great but I would reconsider the wildflower seeds for the only reason is that where ever you have the event(s) doe's the location, ie. Church, Club, Park..., want to get stuck with with the hassle of wildflowers popping up everywhere the seeds are dropped or thrown if you plan to use them like "rice at a wedding"?
            They're embedded in the hearts, so they won't fall out -- however, remarkably, they have begun to sprout a little on a couple of occasions. The guests will take these with them, along with a small pot and sufficient dirt for each pot contained in a decorated vellum bag. I didn't take a picture of these (yet), because it's hard to make them photogenic with the second-rate camera I used. Perhaps I'll have more convenient conditions for a picture soon.

Comment

what a nice idea! very creative, too.
              "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

i think it's pretty awesome - the heart, that is. great idea for a favour. i'm not sold on the ribbon that's holding it to the vellum...perhaps if it was pinned or sticky dotted somehow...

and EVERYTHING looks better on vellum. hooray for your partner!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X