Announcement Announcement Module
No announcement yet.
Comments on abstract vectors? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module

Advertisement Advertisement Module

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module

• PrintDriver
    Reply to How to achieve Pantone color accuracy in house?
    Desktop inkjet printers have internal ICC profiles. That particular Epson will come fairly close to in-gamut Pantone colors IF (< big IF) you use Epson papers and the correct output profile for that...
    Today, 11:36 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Customer Liability
    < not a lawyer.

Show me the contract.
    The designer should have provided a contract stating an estimate of the work before even beginning the work, especially 12 hours of it.
    Today, 11:26 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Reducing ink of a PDF by 50% or more
    Does your digital press have an ink limit panel, either in the rip or as an on-board item?
    Depending on the press, it may have a draft mode as well.
    Today, 11:18 AM
  • gregbern
    Reducing ink of a PDF by 50% or more
    Hi there, I am being given ridiculous expectations for preflighting a job before plating with minimal troubleshooting time. The only way I could manage this in the past was by using a reduced ink profile...
    Today, 04:43 AM
  • uine
    Education Forum Flyer
    Hi everyone,

I am recently making a flyer for an education forum. It took me a long while to find a way to organize this information, and I just finished my draft (colors are not final, some...
    Today, 04:35 AM

Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments on abstract vectors?

Hey everyone! I thought I'd submit these for comments.

They will be printed out as A3s, framed as they are here (with thin black I think) and put either on the left or the right side of This baby. The first on top of the second, as seen here.

The white lines are a bit jagged, that will be corrected in the print. Also the gradient looks blocky here, but it too will be subtle and smooth.

I might change the bottom one to have a black background and the "symbol" (or whatever it is) as red.

Strictly artsy. So what do you guys think? Would you buy one? (not for sale)

I really really like them. I'm a big sucker for minimal work like this. Lovely work Rkn.

Would I buy one? I'd be naughty and make my own ... but I'm sure you'd have alot of people willing to buy one. Have you had any interest so far? I used to book a small gallery space at a public library, and put on a display of works like this many years back. Used to sell quite a bit of stuff. It might be worth a try.

i'm not exacly getting the purpose?

a3... do you mean individual work?

I got confussed when you said they would be put to the left and right of your other work.

I really like them too. Especially the 2nd one.
          Viki Anderson Graphics & Design on Demand
          Through the Looking Glass

Ulysses: I haven't had a chance to display stuff like this in public yet, so I have no idea if there are any people here that would be interested in it. I hope someone would buy something, because I'm poor, and getting this thing set up is sucking all my humble resources. (i'mnotdoingthisforthemoneynaturally)

tz: I mean they're part of a little exhibition I'm putting up next month. These and the one I linked are on one wall, around the corner are three lighter vector pieces (white, blue, green, etc.) that have a ethereal feel to them, compared to these raw, red ones.

Well, that's my plan anyway.

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.