Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to How to do this?
    PrintDriver
    I'd think you'd want to be careful that it doesn't look obviously fake, like the first photo.
    The second one is strangely shadowless and floaty.
    The third one is ok, the objects are actually...
    Today, 12:55 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Candy Shop Logo
    Buda
    It's a good start. I like the middle one how it has highlights in the text, but I think the drop shapes are way too big. Have you considered working with candy stripes?
    Today, 12:23 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to How to do this?
    Buda
    Yes.

There are many ways to skin a cat.

Personally, I would do this in Photoshop so that I had more control of the final colour. Photographing colours can result in differences...
    Today, 12:22 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Hello from Nordic
    Buda
    Hi Mikko and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how the...
    Today, 12:20 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Zazzle, CafePress, Etsy, OH MY!
    Buda
    I've never used Zazzle or CafePress, but I've bought a few things on Etsy.

If your CafePress store is doing well, why not sell your Zazzle items on CafePress and see how you go? It might...
    Today, 12:17 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments on abstract vectors?

Hey everyone! I thought I'd submit these for comments.

They will be printed out as A3s, framed as they are here (with thin black I think) and put either on the left or the right side of This baby. The first on top of the second, as seen here.

The white lines are a bit jagged, that will be corrected in the print. Also the gradient looks blocky here, but it too will be subtle and smooth.

I might change the bottom one to have a black background and the "symbol" (or whatever it is) as red.

Strictly artsy. So what do you guys think? Would you buy one? (not for sale)

I really really like them. I'm a big sucker for minimal work like this. Lovely work Rkn.

Comment

Would I buy one? I'd be naughty and make my own ... but I'm sure you'd have alot of people willing to buy one. Have you had any interest so far? I used to book a small gallery space at a public library, and put on a display of works like this many years back. Used to sell quite a bit of stuff. It might be worth a try.

Comment

i'm not exacly getting the purpose?

a3... do you mean individual work?

I got confussed when you said they would be put to the left and right of your other work.

Comment

I really like them too. Especially the 2nd one.
          Viki Anderson Graphics & Design on Demand
          Through the Looking Glass

Comment

Ulysses: I haven't had a chance to display stuff like this in public yet, so I have no idea if there are any people here that would be interested in it. I hope someone would buy something, because I'm poor, and getting this thing set up is sucking all my humble resources. (i'mnotdoingthisforthemoneynaturally)

tz: I mean they're part of a little exhibition I'm putting up next month. These and the one I linked are on one wall, around the corner are three lighter vector pieces (white, blue, green, etc.) that have a ethereal feel to them, compared to these raw, red ones.

Well, that's my plan anyway.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
            Working...
            X