Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• salsa
    Reply to Project Management
    salsa
    I don't have anything else to add. I think talking to your boss about it first is important so that you at least have her buy-in. Then you'll have to write a procedure and it will need to be backed by...
    Today, 04:07 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Do You Keep Work Drafts?
    kemingMatters
    I keep a folder for images and other supplied content in a folder with my indd, I only package the end result, as any of the links I used in my drafts will be in the folder I made and the fonts will already...
    Today, 04:06 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to 10 minutes from home
    kemingMatters
    I've been meaning to post something here for a while, here's a long exposure I took last weekend up at the lake. I can't really tell you how long the exposure was because I wasn't keeping track, I was...
    Today, 04:01 PM
  • com_amy
    Reply to Do You Keep Work Drafts?
    com_amy
    They've been dropping things into a "Draft" folder, but none of the ID files are packaged or anything. Do you guys recommend adding a "_Draft" to those files AND packaging them? I...
    Today, 04:00 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to Logo for a small startup company....
    salsa
    How much time have you spent talking to the client about what they want? Did you spend a couple hours with them or has the only thing they've told you is what you wrote above?

Since the project's...
    Today, 03:56 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A small revamp

I finally decided to do some remodeling on my site and get rid of those dumb lines and add some style.

Let me know what you think: http://www.edgewebdesign.org/sites/v5/

The original is still up at http://www.edgewebdesign.org

Thanks!
    ProudPenguin
    P r o d u c t i o n s

Hey Ryan,

I like the new styling, however some of the headlines are sort of hard to see. That dark navy (or black) on the dark blue background makes me strain to read it, and you certainly don't want your potential clients doing that. Other than that, I like the font choice and everything else.
    --
    When I buy stickers for folks in prison, I bring milk not backyard meth - it's a prison party!

Comment

I like it better but I would add more of a margin to the sides of your text and stuff. Also add more white by making all your text white. Also you might want to pick happier colors this time. The blue and brown feel is kind of gloomy.

Comment

yeah, like hot pink and limegreen! :thumbsup:

Comment

Delete your a hot pink kind of guy aren't you? Man if I go to vegas I don't want to a share a room with you. Trying to pull a fast one on me aren't you?

Comment

I increased the padding on the content area. I played with the colors a little more, but I'm still not sure. The browns and grays are to tie into the header. I'm not sure what other colors to use. I thought about a green or maybe even red, but they wouldn't really mesh with everything else.

Comments appreciated.
            ProudPenguin
            P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

You can either do two things with color have them compliment each other like now or you can completely contrast them. I think you should completely contrast them and see how they come out.

Or you can use this

Comment

Finally got my FTP to work again. A few color changes. I think I'm almost there.

http://www.edgewebdesign.org/sites/v5/

Feedback is appreciated.
                ProudPenguin
                P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X