Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• subdrewgans
    Reply to Company name help!
    subdrewgans
    I've always been taught when naming a company or helping one name a company the first thing to do is think even in the spelling of the name how to differentiate yourself or make something unique. If you...
    Today, 07:34 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Company logo redesign - feedback
    <b>
    One of the main purposes of a logo is to establish a visual shortcut, of sorts, that becomes firmly associated and identified with an organization, like a business. It can take years for that link to...
    Today, 07:17 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Adobe Illustrator SVG Transparency/Knockout Problem
    kemingMatters
    If it works for you I suppose it does, but with more pieces you have a greater chance of something breaking. A file done the "hard way" will be a smaller file size and easier to manipulate in...
    Today, 07:14 PM
  • Staisman
    Reply to Please help with company logo
    Staisman
    Ok what you think about this one. I am not sure about color skim but let's not take it in consideration right now. What about logo itself?
    My last and first name starts with an "S". I...
    Today, 07:05 PM
  • Staisman
    Comment on Please help with company logo
    Staisman
    You are all too materialistic guys. I am a member of the many forums, and if a person come to the forum with a problem I would help him as I could. You have a problem I will give you a solution, I won't...
    Today, 07:01 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darey Products Logo

I was asked by Matt Darey (UK DJ) to create a new logo for him. Apparently the logo he had been using was a bit out of date and not quite the caliber that he was looking for. His label, Darey Products, was to have a logo with "DP". His previous logo made it appear as "D9", so I came up with the following graphic and animated GIF logo.

www.417photo.com__www.spiralphoto.com

Stock Photos for sale here: http://www.shutterstock.com/gallery.mhtml?id=4450

It's allright, I'm not a fan of the photoshop filters. I do like the chrome feel to it. The animation is pretty cool. Is it done in Swift3D?

One thing though. You really need to kern the type at the bottom of the the page. It's really not good. It needs to be spaced out correctly.
    Bobbysky
    Site // Blog

Comment

The only draw back on the animation is.... Is it DP, or QB!?!

Why not use a play on the name? Moooo!

Comment

It's very simple but it works....I like it! Sometimes simple is good.
        tmooregraphics
        Horsepower For Your Business!
        Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

Comment

nice...

try this, Like beano said instead of showing the reverse side in the rotation just double it so it shows db twice.

Comment

Originally posted by beano
            LoL That was brought up to me immediately. "No cow/milk references."

Besides, that would be way too easy. ;-)

Originally posted by YNOT
            It's very simple but it works....I like it! Sometimes simple is good.
            That's what he said he wanted for the logo. The ellaborate stuff he wanted me to save for the CD package.
            Last edited by Spiral Photo; 05-13-2005, 05:44 PM.
            www.417photo.com__www.spiralphoto.com

Stock Photos for sale here: http://www.shutterstock.com/gallery.mhtml?id=4450

Comment

Originally posted by beano
              The only draw back on the animation is.... Is it DP, or QB!?!

At first I was like what does double penetration have to do with cows? LOL, my mind is always in the gutter

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTheVike
                At first I was like what does double penetration have to do with cows? LOL, my mind is always in the gutter
                lmao! You stay away from farms now ya hear!!!

Comment

You have a good set of letters to work with, and you did the obvious with them. Like stated above, I like it.

Although, I would prefer you to try a 2d (non bevel/emboss/chrome) version. Try different color combos.

--MR
                  Michael Reed
                  www.oddfellowmag.com
                  www.pentaworks.org

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X