Darey Products Logo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darey Products Logo

I was asked by Matt Darey (UK DJ) to create a new logo for him. Apparently the logo he had been using was a bit out of date and not quite the caliber that he was looking for. His label, Darey Products, was to have a logo with "DP". His previous logo made it appear as "D9", so I came up with the following graphic and animated GIF logo.

www.417photo.com__www.spiralphoto.com

Stock Photos for sale here: http://www.shutterstock.com/gallery.mhtml?id=4450

It's allright, I'm not a fan of the photoshop filters. I do like the chrome feel to it. The animation is pretty cool. Is it done in Swift3D?

One thing though. You really need to kern the type at the bottom of the the page. It's really not good. It needs to be spaced out correctly.
    Bobbysky
    Site // Blog

Comment

The only draw back on the animation is.... Is it DP, or QB!?!

Why not use a play on the name? Moooo!

Comment

It's very simple but it works....I like it! Sometimes simple is good.
        tmooregraphics
        Horsepower For Your Business!
        Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

Comment

nice...

try this, Like beano said instead of showing the reverse side in the rotation just double it so it shows db twice.

Comment

Originally posted by beano
            LoL That was brought up to me immediately. "No cow/milk references."

Besides, that would be way too easy. ;-)

Originally posted by YNOT
            It's very simple but it works....I like it! Sometimes simple is good.
            That's what he said he wanted for the logo. The ellaborate stuff he wanted me to save for the CD package.
            Last edited by Spiral Photo; 05-13-2005, 12:44 PM.
            www.417photo.com__www.spiralphoto.com

Stock Photos for sale here: http://www.shutterstock.com/gallery.mhtml?id=4450

Comment

Originally posted by beano
              The only draw back on the animation is.... Is it DP, or QB!?!

At first I was like what does double penetration have to do with cows? LOL, my mind is always in the gutter

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTheVike
                At first I was like what does double penetration have to do with cows? LOL, my mind is always in the gutter
                lmao! You stay away from farms now ya hear!!!

Comment

You have a good set of letters to work with, and you did the obvious with them. Like stated above, I like it.

Although, I would prefer you to try a 2d (non bevel/emboss/chrome) version. Try different color combos.

--MR
                  Michael Reed
                  www.oddfellowmag.com
                  www.pentaworks.org

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LuisannyDesigns
                    Wedding Program Panel Fans
                    LuisannyDesigns
                    Anyone know where i can send my wedding program panel fans design printed? Like a website?

I am new here. Thanks for the help!
                    Yesterday, 08:35 PM
                  • JCookeDesign
                    Comment on Researching Logo Design Process
                    JCookeDesign
                    Looks like the only option to watch it now is to rent (3.99) or buy (14.99) on iTunes. Netflix changes their selection so often I can't keep up. Nothing worse than starting a movie and going on to finish...
                    Yesterday, 08:35 PM
                  • KitchWitch
                    Reply to Advice on if a design would work in the US?
                    KitchWitch
                    Hi Swhit101 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                    Yesterday, 06:02 PM
                  • PrintDriver
                    PrintDriver
                    Quite honestly I don't think anyone would really take offense to a shirt like that.
                    But I still don't think anyone would buy it because I'm pretty convinced ''Us vs Them'' is pretty well ingrained...
                    Yesterday, 05:51 PM
                  • swhit101
                    swhit101
                    While I know little about policies on using the flag in design, I think what you're proposing would reflect the dramatic polarization that is currently occurring in this presidential race. Speaking to...
                    Yesterday, 05:48 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X