Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to How to do this?
    PrintDriver
    I'd think you'd want to be careful that it doesn't look obviously fake, like the first photo.
    The second one is strangely shadowless and floaty.
    The third one is ok, the objects are actually...
    Today, 12:55 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Candy Shop Logo
    Buda
    It's a good start. I like the middle one how it has highlights in the text, but I think the drop shapes are way too big. Have you considered working with candy stripes?
    Today, 12:23 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to How to do this?
    Buda
    Yes.

There are many ways to skin a cat.

Personally, I would do this in Photoshop so that I had more control of the final colour. Photographing colours can result in differences...
    Today, 12:22 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Hello from Nordic
    Buda
    Hi Mikko and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how the...
    Today, 12:20 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Zazzle, CafePress, Etsy, OH MY!
    Buda
    I've never used Zazzle or CafePress, but I've bought a few things on Etsy.

If your CafePress store is doing well, why not sell your Zazzle items on CafePress and see how you go? It might...
    Today, 12:17 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Church Logo

Does this say "church"? I guess they're known for the leaning cross outside of the church and they want that incorporated with the logo. They want a serif font but I don't think it goes with the graphic and the sans serif look a little cold so I went with Eras. Any sugesstions or comments are appreciated. thanks.
    Attached Files

ooooohhhh

goes well with your new avatar keith
    a drink a day keeps the shrink away

Comment

Yes, nice contrast! lol

Comment

I like it, Keith.

I thought I'd throw some ideas your way to help you along. I'll let you have the .ai file, if you want it.

Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

I really like the cross in Jack's first one, it's more obviously a religeous icon imho... I also quite like the idea of incorporating the letters somehow, either in the box, or the same width.

Comment

yes, same width I agree. Jackinbox thanks for the help. I really love those gradients!!

Comment

Originally posted by keith1
              yes, same width I agree. Jackinbox thanks for the help. I really love those gradients!!
              No problem, mate. Good luck with your project.

I already had Illustrator open for something else, but I wanted to say something for this thread and sometimes the best way to express oneself is visually. So what the heck.
              Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

Wow, really modern for a church logo! I don't think any church would accept a design like these in my country, but if they do in yours, great!
                I would put the cross a bit more vertical so that it remains a cross and not an "x" and the font you used, keith1, I find a bit too radio-station-like if you know what I mean. But beside that it looks good.
                :daniel jacoby

Comment

I like the original graphic as it is the best. The icon itself says "church" and kind of comes across (no pun intended) at the same angle of traditional art showing Jesus carrying the cross. The font doesn't work for me at all. I think it's the width of the W - and then the width of the three letters together. A serif font might be a nice compliment to the image and convey a little sense of tradition.

- J.
                  Jeff Fisher | Engineer of Creative Identity
                  Jeff Fisher LogoMotives | Twoot! Twoot!

Comment

Jacoby, I live in the U.S. and there is more than just one religion . And the leaning cross in front of the church is what they are known for so they want to incorporate it into the logo. I did a few versions without it boxed in and it looked ackward, like it was just floating there and I could't get the type to look right next to it. Thanks Jeff, you'd be the man to know. I knew something was buggin me about it but i didn't know what, i think it is the size of that font. You're also right about a serif font for more tradition and I think they'd accept it easier. I'll work on it a bit more.

Comment

Some revisions and variations.
                      Attached Files

Comment

i think in #2 (above) shring the vertical WBC in the green area so that the W and C do not look cut off, other than that i think it is great!
                        Allen Harkleroad
                        Father of Graphic Design Forum

"Bored? Who has time to be bored?"

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Allen I'll try that out.

Comment

revised
                            Attached Files

Comment

nice, i like that a lot! good spacing too.
                              Allen Harkleroad
                              Father of Graphic Design Forum

"Bored? Who has time to be bored?"

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X