X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo concept

I'm really enjoying this forum! I'm looking forward to learning a lot from all you great designers on here. Here is a logo I've been working on for the place where i live which is a renovated old elementary school building.

is this like a school turned into condos or apartments? A little hard to read with so much black and is it "school 80" or "80 school". I do like that grungy textured yellow. And nice sense of organization/placement there. What kind of message are you trying to convey?

Comment

i agree with pedro, i mean kieth. i dig the design and style, but i think we need to know a little more about the project before decided whether or not it's appropriate in context.

Welcome to the GDF!

Comment

It's school 80, and yeah its an elementary school turned into condos. As for message, i was kind of going for like a school zone type street sign. But this is not actually for the condos. Its just something i wanted to put on a tshirt for me and my roommates. Otherwise i wouldn't have done the grunge thing because they probably would rather people think of their building as clean than "grungy."

Thanks for the c&c!

Comment

i can see it on a t-shirt. i say go for it then, it looks good. maybe move school up so the "L" is completely touching or away a little more for some space. Right now there is a hair line there so it doesn't look complete. Also it isn't exactly a perfect diamond shape but that doesn't really matter, adds even more grungynish (<< if that's a word) for this, i think it works. Good job!

Comment

It's the complete opposite of any look I would go for under those circumstances.

Comment

under what circumstances?

Comment

it kinda reads like 'shoot' with a typo
                a drink a day keeps the shrink away

Comment

If it is for a T-shirt (not corporate shiznitch) I would try and play up the whole, 80km/h in a school zone thing.
                  match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

it looks great for a shirt

Comment

nice for a t-shirt... not for a sign or logo.

I would try and put the "school" on the upper left side, because I read "80 school" until you specified that it was the other way around. Also, give it a little room to breathe. The L in school is way too close to the mark. I would keep the same general idea, but sketch out a bunch of ideas of where the "school" could go... just not on the bottom.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                      Working...
                      X