Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Comment on Presto Arts Game Studio Logo Idea 1
    KitchWitch
    The edit feature only works for a short time. If you need to add or change info, just comment. That's what we all have to do.
    Today, 01:38 AM
  • deniedaccess
    Photoshop Rectangle Stroke
    deniedaccess
    Hi,

When using the Rectangle Tool (set to Shape) and applying a stroke I get an unwanted bevel effect. How can I remove this so all lines are equal? Thanks.
    Today, 01:23 AM
  • Buda
    Comment on How to say "No, it doesn't need to be re-branded"
    Buda
    In the '80s, I lived in a city with a lot of Maori people. When McDonald's opened up there, it was designed like a traditional Maori meeting house (marae) with wooden carvings of local Maori legend and...
    Today, 12:57 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Who's responsibility? Printing didn't come out in the expected color
    Buda
    Before you change all the files, you better get some proper printed proofs so that you know for sure that the colour you are changing the files to is correct.

How to get the colours you ...
    Today, 12:53 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Notes as design exercise
    Buda
    Ways to improve this:
    Turn off hyphenation or set it to words with 10 characters or more.
    Add automatic spacing after each paragraph. I use 2mm or 3mm.
    Headers would be a good idea....
    Today, 12:43 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some logo concepts

this is for a company that does electronic communications, (i guess) it's part of an assignment for a large display graphic, they needed a logo. so, I gave them these. Any suggestions, from y'all?
    Me Blog, ya scurvy dog----> http://dreamindex.blogspot.com
    click the monkey... you know you want to... <updated 11/26!!

Say no to swooshes! Oh god please...

Comment

Those are some of the coolest swooshes I've ever seen seriously. If you're going to use swooshes, I like the top right corner little 2 big T and the second row in the middle. I would try to make it work without having those hairline white strokes for separation, work the the placement of the swooshes so the same colors don't bleed into each other. Like an orange swoosh going into an orange T so much that it makes the T almost unreadable. I would advise not using swooshes however and coming up with something more original. Read this and see the light, http://lekowicz.com/library/logohell/logohell.html. You do have some good concepts there though. Your on the right track.

Comment

Swooshtastic. I like #11 the best (minus the swooshes) the color interplay between the t and 2 is interesting. Maybe work up some additional logos with that in mind. The colors work well together. Keep us posted!
        Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

thanks guys! the client decided they just want a 'T' and a superscript '2'.
          Boring. I'll keep the swoosh rule in mind when next i do a logo...
          Me Blog, ya scurvy dog----> http://dreamindex.blogspot.com
          click the monkey... you know you want to... <updated 11/26!!

Comment

I dig how you've knocked out the letters in the last one. I would play with that some more. Maybe you will get lucky and find a shape in there some where that symbolizes an aspect of the company.
            match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

Like Eraser said try some variations of the knocked out one with the superscripted 2. I would make the 2 a bit larger than your first example and try it out with some different fonts and maybe something cool will start to appear instead of being boring like you said. Keep us posted on the changes, but don't over update us on every little change like bobbysky . Just giving you the business bobby, your logo rocks!

Comment

First off, thats exactly the same color as FedEx, so if an individual see the logo far away they well read the logo in their mind as FedEx just according to the color or think it's something related to FedEx. I would like to see some different color combination if it is possible.

Plus I see some thin strokes around the words which I think it will look better without them.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

FedEx is actually orange & purple but close enough anyway. Yeah I mentioned the outlined white strokes to him, I agree get rid of those.

Comment

Pedro, caught the business, now I'm taken it off a sweet jump. With the logo, who ever said it is like the fedex logo is a moron. Yep, T2 and FEDEX look pretty similiar with different colors.

With the logo, I don't know if any of them are really strong. The knocked out one seems all right but I would read it as 2T because of the super bold 2 and little T, Hierarchy. I would mabye try the T large and the 2 half knocked out on the right side of the T.

You need to have a concept here, there really isn't anything but the swoosh that says communications. Maybe make the T into a radio tower or something. Just my 2cents
                    Bobbysky
                    Site // Blog

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X