X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first banner

Hey. I'm rather new at this whole 'creating' malarky . Here is my first banner, what do you think?

what is the goal?... i never got the whole anima banner thing.

To each thier own.

You can't ask use what we think without stating the intended purpose of the piece.

Comment

Well I guess I go to alot of anime forums and things... people always seem to have nice signatures and things. Goal? I suppose, just making something. Hmm perhaps this is the wrong place.

Comment

perhaps this is the wrong place.
        yes and no

This forum is more so geared toward professional practices/layouts in design.

- print and web based

Comment

Hi Angelie, TZ is right this forum is more geared toward the professional designers working in the field or in school, or like yourself just do it for fun. We all have to start somewhere and their is alot to learn on this forum so stick around if you are seriously interested in getting into design, the information provided on this site is a neverending supply of knowledge by people working in the actual field.

So welcome to the GDF, although when you said "Banners" I was thinking more along the lines of something like this 33 inches by 88 inches...

hehe
          ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Hi angelie, welcome to the forum.

Comment

Although what the others have said is true, creating stuff like that is good lessons for getting your hands wet with learning things like Photoshop. My very first Photoshop projects involved making comics back when I was a teenager.

My only critique on the banner is that font, it's very hard to read.

I guess the only other thing to say (if you haven't done it already) is to watch the file size and dimensions. One personal annoyance of mine with webforums is that too many people are adding way hunking huge banners and images for signatures. If I was running a webforum personally, I would disable the ability to add images for signatures. (Avatars are a different story).

Comment

As far as anime banners go, it is pretty good. Looks like most others though. And I agree, that font is no good.
                ProudPenguin
                P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

Imagery on a banner is usually meant to emphasis the text not overwhelm it or make it hard to read.

Generally, the text is the most important information on the banner.

Therefor (if the text is important in this case) you should find a new text. I do not feel its your imagery making it hard to read but, the type face it self is the main purpose. Find a text which better stands out and is easier to read then what you have. Cause i can barly make out what it says... if the text is important.

If it is just there for decoration then leave it... it does work well with the design- the type face.

Oh yeah.. btw the way get it out of the center... you can put the text near the center and bit ascew but, get it out of the exact center. generally, objects placed in the center make the imagry around weighted down... in terms of balance and eye movement on a whole.

So the text must be important... since it is in the center?...

There is something really weird about this anima or funnish banner that i do not usually see in others in a like purpose. Yours actually displays some what a sense of design... which is a good thing,lol.- color, contrast, placement (aside from the center thing), etc).

good job and welcome
                  Last edited by tZ; 05-21-2005, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Ah, this brings me back to my early Photoshop days. In those days, the Twirl filter was the most keenest, awesome-ist, sweetest thing there was -- right next to the Lens Flare. Oh, yeah, I learned that filter inside and out. I was badass.

But then I discovered everyone else knew how to do that. In my embarrassment, it was then that I decided to be a recluse and become a serial killer of shitzu puppies. 7 and counting.
                    Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

belive it or not... i was never to into the whole "filter" thing.

I quess you can i say i am somewhat - prejudice, in a way of speaking.

Mostly because more people use them incorrectly then correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by tZ
                        belive it or not... i was never to into the whole "filter" thing.

I quess you can i say i am somewhat - prejudice, in a way of speaking.

Mostly because more people use them incorrectly then correctly.
                        What do you consider incorrect use?
                        Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                        Working...
                        X