Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• rickinsa
    Comment on 7pt. Font size is industry standard for body text?
    rickinsa
    It was more than just putting up with a less knowledgeable person. She wanted to control everything and do it all her way. Much of what she said is so over the top wrong that it just baffles me and tried...
    Today, 08:44 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Reply to Some interesting Graphic Design debate discussions?
    MichaelWied
    Cool idea! I'm actually working on a blog myself. Just some advice that was given to me by someone who studies journalism is to have a years worth of content ready. So if it's a weekly blog, have no less...
    Today, 04:41 AM
  • garricks
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    garricks
    I bought a Canoscan based on PrintDriver's recommendation, and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. It's a workhorse.
    Yesterday, 11:45 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    PrintDriver
    There aren't that many scanners to choose from any more. I use a Canoscan 8800 and I'd buy another Canoscan in a minute. Good machine.
    Yesterday, 11:39 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Client hasn't paid and is using my website!!
    Buda
    I would never hand over the work to an untrustworthy client without getting payment. You let this happen.

If you don't have a contract and deposit, take this as an expensive lesson to make...
    Yesterday, 09:35 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2 page ad for "create" magazine

tell me what you think of the lettering in #1... I haven't had much time to work on these yet.. but it's due this week so I gota get to it.....I'm also a little worried that the magazine's printer might take offense to the message.....the text should show up to be a clean white....what do you all think?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rob24; 05-22-2005, 06:07 PM. Reason: editing of artwork.

I thought the first one was brillant. Very clever. The second one, although clean, doesn't do much for me.
    Skinns
    Skinwerks Tattoo & Design
    Scott Padgett Art

"creativity is not a button you push"

Comment

i like the paragraph lettering/font of #3, but with #1's "printatcost.com" font.
      www.standercreative.com

Comment

Rob... where in Orlando do you work?
        "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

I'm confused, is the lettering in the first supposed to be all jumbled or are you dislexic? Is that part of the joke cuz i don't think people will get it.

Comment

I like the message - and although the first one is very clever...I don't see how that is offering a high standard of printing? Jumbled words just don't have the right semiotics for me; they say mistakes; problems and they do not have particularly good connotations.

If it was me - i would go with the second one - as the message itself should be enough to get people thinking on the lines that your printers are cheaper and more efficient.

Remember, not all adverts have to be amazingly complicated and award winning; sometimes just stating what your company can do is enough
            I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Comment

def: I only freelance...

I was excited about the letter jumbling thing actually working at first, but I think you're right when you say this is not the right ad for it. I'm starting to think it detracts from the message, in that it gets you thinking about the jumbling too much... how about the actual message, does anyone think the mags printer might object to printing it?

Comment

Originally posted by rob24
                how about the actual message, does anyone think the mags printer might object to printing it?
                I would if i was them! I'd be thinking about another idea just in case it comes up... tho I don't know if they can refuse to print it or not...

Comment

good luck getting it to print. let us know what happens. oh i like #3
                  Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

new design

after some consideration I've almost decided to go this way with the ad. let me know what you think of the new copy. We were a little of worried about the previous copy being offensive.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Freelance in Orlando?

I work for UCF.

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

I freelance in orlando, Altamonte Springs to be exact. UCF is my alma mater...

Comment

recent? I work right on campus... in the heart of it all.

Comment

nice meeting someone local.... graduated class of 03'....

well, the new design didn't get as many responses...but tomorrow is Drop dead so we've decided that's the one were going to go with...

Comment

i know im rather late on this one.... and its most prob printed so....
                              i loved the message of the first ad.. but if i were the printer i would have found it pretty offensive! shame...
                              the second one was good though... got the point across!! and i loved the way it was simple but clear!! hope it brings you loadsa new clients
                              i love work...
                              ... i can sit and watch it all day

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X