Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, another vector poster

Heyhey.

This is something I managed to cook up after several hours of frantic mousework last night.

I'll print it 60 cm x 100 cm and frame nicely with a thin black frame. I still have time and enthusiasm to tweak it, so any comments are much appreciated! I want to make this the main piece for my show. She's called "Sofie".

Yes, I know, her face might look a bit familiar..

Click here for the alternative Evil Edition.

It's very nice, friend! How long you draw it?
    http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ead.php?t=8483 <= waiting for you!

Comment

Nice work, I like lots. Not sure what I would do if anything at all
      Skinns
      Skinwerks Tattoo & Design
      Scott Padgett Art

"creativity is not a button you push"

Comment

Originally posted by lht
        It's very nice, friend! How long you draw it?
        Thank you. I did the face before, it might've taken maybe 3-4 hours to get right, the rest something like 6-7 hours. Would probably take less if I had a clear idea what I wanted to do from the start..

Comment

Very nice!

The Evil edition is cool too; it gives a completely different feel to this one...

Comment

thats ! Phatt !

nice work i love vector work.

what program did u use (sorry 4 n00b question)

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Studio 7
                thats ! Phatt !

nice work i love vector work.

what program did u use (sorry 4 n00b question)
                CorelDraw v12

Comment

You might just want to consider removing the face.

Introducing the face makes it the key emphasis of your work (since, people relate to people before they relate to any other objects).

Also there seems to be emphasis on the negative space.

There seems to be emphasis on both the face and the negative space.

Therefor, the design seems somewhat oerwhelmed because of this and to much is going on.

If i were you i would just remove the face.

The area surrounding the face stands very well alone on its own composition and is remense of your style (from what i have seen) without the introduction of the face.

The face is just killing it... i mean that in the most sincere way as possible,lol.

The negative space right now thought is just looking kick @ss. I lreally like what you have done with the geometric shapes in the background - very interesting... yeah... remove the face,lol.

hope that helps
                  Last edited by tZ; 05-22-2005, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Keep The Face, says I.

Comment

This is awesome. I say, keep the face.

I'm trying to get gradient meshes in Photoshop to look good for irregular shapes. O_O
                      Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

Updated version:

It's pretty much done. It looks better without the outlined swirl, but there's no way I'd remove the face. Maybe tone down the details in the background, I don't know..
                        Last edited by Rkn; 05-23-2005, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Very slick. Everytime I see vector art I think to myself "Why bother with raster?!" Great poster!
                          Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

Great job, much better, i like the inhanced color on the lips & eyes. and the removal of the turquoise outlined graphic around the eye. But i did like that little white sea looking creature on her left shoulder in the first one. It just looks a little bare. You said in the first post that she might look familiar. Who??

Comment

Originally posted by keith1
                              Great job, much better, i like the inhanced color on the lips & eyes. and the removal of the turquoise outlined graphic around the eye. But i did like that little white sea looking creature on her left shoulder in the first one. It just looks a little bare. You said in the first post that she might look familiar. Who??
                              The white little critter is still there, but he's so gray he's barely noticeable. I think I'll make it pure white again, it does balance the picture.

And my model is Christina Ricci: http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ead.php?t=6602

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X