Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• lifestylere
    Lifestyle is the Name - Montague Script is the Font...
    lifestylere
    Lifestyle is the Name - Montague Script is the Font - The L is the problem

Ok so Montague Script is the font except the F thats Hiatus both by the same designer Stephen Rapp

Today, 11:02 PM
  • it52
    Reply to Logo Design for upscale eyeglass store
    it52
    Thanks for clarifying.

I guess for me I've done logotypes before so a part of me wanted to do something different for myself but I realize I was too focused on one idea and not letting it...
    Today, 10:51 PM
  • <b>
    <b>
    What sorts of things can be associated with eye care? Actual things, like eye charts and tears? More abstract things, like clarity and focus? Or maybe even concepts like beauty and style? There are lots...
    Today, 09:42 PM
  • it52
    it52
    I have noticed other logos used an eye but I thought the way I used the P and S made it stand out among it's competition. I chose avant garde because I thought it wouldn't look dated. I'm curious why...
    Today, 09:13 PM
  • <b>
    <b>
    Using Avant Garde type might have been a route to looking upscale back in the 1970s, but today it mostly looks dated.

Making an eye out of the P & S is a nice idea, but until I read your...
    Today, 09:04 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeleNav Logo

Here's the latest mock up for a client in California. I've been doing a ton of drawing and trying to go off their desire to kinda have a logo that is based off of cross hairs. Well I didn't want to just use lame crosshairs so I came up with several styles as well as a few others that I commented to the client.

NOTE: the font is not an option to change. It's pretty much been the branding for the company for so long that I want to keep it intigrated into what is to come, and it's bold. Appreciate constructive criticism.
    Attached Files
    Chris
    Fuelded by Imagination

Okay so I think the best mark is by far #1, but you should use the type arrangement of 5b. Drop the shadow effect of the text you'll lose it when is shrunk down. And please lose the line between the the top and bottom. Work with that, and you might have something going. I'm really not keen on any of the other choices. Oh and on the mark, try and make the arrows on the right side of the T and the right part of the N so it's pointing at the name. Right now my eyes follow the arrows right off the page.
    Bobbysky
    Site // Blog

Comment

Hey Bobby,
      Thanks for the comments, I agree that 1 is the best but unfortunately the company doesn't want that one ironically. So the rest are the ones they haven't seen. I added #1 in the mix so they could see how powerful that one is to the others.

I personally like #3 out of all the rest because I believe it's unique and is appropriate. Keep the comments comin'.

Chris
      Chris
      Fuelded by Imagination

Comment

yeah i like three

however, the track seems missplaced in this option.

Perhaps play around with the placement of track on that one and you may just have your self a winner.

Actually I looked at it again and it might be the size or type face - not the placement. I think its to big/overwhelming as it stands now - the "track".

Comment

I would like to see a version of 3 without the drop shadows and the type kerned tighter.

Comment

I like the 4th one the best. not into the crosshairs for this at all. really doesn't make sense when you think about it. Overall some good work here.
            "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

I agree with #4 being the best. I think its the best overall design. The kerning in the word "Track" isn't agreeing with me tho. Its too far apart and it makes it hard to read that word.

Actually I like the type in #3, it reads better and looks nicer, but I prefer the actual symbol in #4.
              I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

3 and 6b have my vote, with more emphasis on #3.
                Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

I have to tell you. I'm not digging the typography at all. I know you said it's not an option to change, but the company should consider re-branding itself if that's what it comes down to. I think you should consider using a more interesting/modern font. (what is that helvetica bold? arial black?) Also, the uppercaps/lowercaps mixture is really distracting to my eye.

The icon portions of 1, 3, and 4 all have potential, but need to be tweaked a bit.

Are the colors set in stone as well? All I can think of are the Florida Gators. (Yes, I'm an allumni, but still.) They're just too primary, too bright, and too boring. I know its't the company's branding, but I can't help, but be honest.

Comment

The colors also look like buget car rental.
                    Bobbysky
                    Site // Blog

Comment

Keith,
                      Are you talking about the drop shadow on the logo or the drop shadow on the wording, or both?

Originally posted by keith1
                      I would like to see a version of 3 without the drop shadows and the type kerned tighter.
                      Chris
                      Fuelded by Imagination

Comment

I like # 3 and 5b
                        http://vvsol.com

Comment

The colors also look like buget car rental.
                          Thats what is bothering me i just couldn't figure out.

They also remind me of fedex at the same time.

Comment

Revision

So played around with mock-up a bit and came up with this. Now I know you guys don't like the colors and I hate to say it but there is no swaying them on that part. I did get a darker color blue to tone it down a bit. I tweaked the wording to give them more options and played with the tracking. Also did some other changes w/ the aarows n' stuff.
                            Attached Files
                            Chris
                            Fuelded by Imagination

Comment

No. 2 chris on this one and i was talking about the drop shadow on the text mostly. I think the all caps "track" works well with the bolder lowercase "telenav", it doesn't flow as well vice versa. I think the text still needs to be tighter for no. 2. I like no. 3 too but I don't like the line under telenav and track underneath so small then the tagline long again it's just a little ackward. Tighten no.2's text, remove the track and put the globe above and see how that looks.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X