X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vector Illustrator Illustration

I'm trying to brush up on my illy skills. I'm really digging vector stuff lately and like looking at everyone elses illustrations so keep em coming. This is probably the longest time I've ever spent in illustrator about 4 hours. This is the first face I've ever done, getting the skin tone colors right was tough. I don't know if it's 100% accurate but close enough for me. This was from a black & white image. Any comments welcome. Extra points if you know who this is. Chances are you probably don't unless you're 80 years old. It's a wonder I know who it is.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by keith1; 05-24-2005, 02:12 AM.

How did you do it? Cutout in Photoshop, then traced in Illy?

Looks nice!

Comment

Is it Jane Russell?
      You want it when!? Well in that case, let me pull my magic wand out of my ass and take care of that for you.

Comment

Hey thanks delete. It probably would have been easier had I used photoshop first, I forgot about that damn! Anyway no photoshop at all, I just placed the image in illustrator and traced all the main features & shadows best I could and added all details later freehand like eye shadows, lashes,touch-ups etc. I also made it in BW first then went to color.

Comment

Originally posted by idaho
          Is it Jane Russell?
          No Jane Russell

Comment

Eva Gardner?

I like it. I'd take the shadows down a few shades, though.
            Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

Looks nice man. Especially her eyes. And the nose. And the lips. I don't know what changes could be made, probably nothing.

Colours are great. The shadows are maybe a bit too stark on the face, but then again that's the pale style of old hollywood. Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by Rkn
                Looks nice man. Especially her eyes. And the nose. And the lips. I don't know what changes could be made, probably nothing.

Colours are great. The shadows are maybe a bit too stark on the face, but then again that's the pale style of old hollywood. Great work!
                That's a good point.
                Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

Sorry no Ava Gardner Jackinbox. Thanks guys, I was thinking the same thing about the face shadows, i tend to over contrast stuff to make it stand out. I was trying darkening the base skin tone and I liked it a lot better lighter. I'll try to take down the shadows a bit and see how it looks. I was actually inspired by your vector poster post rkn to try it out.

Comment

I guess everyone gave up. It's Hedy Lamarr. She's also on the Corel Draw box, a different photo though.

Comment

Impressive Keith1. The eyes well done. I would darken the top the lip a bit more though, and add a lighter red on the bottom. Can never have to many lights and darks on your lips.
                      Skinns
                      Skinwerks Tattoo & Design
                      Scott Padgett Art

"creativity is not a button you push"

Comment

Thanks skinns for the feedback. Yeah I've adjusted the flesh tone already, i'll try the lips now. Here's the photo I went off. One hot mama!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

>>It's Hedy Lamarr. She's also on the Corel Draw box<<
                          Who, in her eighties, successfully sued Corel Corp. for millions of dollars for using her likeness in their marketing material without her permission.

She was a beauty-- with plenty of brains. Having worked as a radio engineer in WWII and solving some radar design problems. Amazing woman.

Comment

yes that's right broacher, an amazing woman indeed.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                            Working...
                            X