Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to in need of urgent help
    PrintDriver
    If someone pulls a prank, they're the arse. Glad my boss doesn't take kindly to pranks. We have fun, of course, but anything that costs the company money? Not so much.
    Yesterday, 11:18 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to New design lover here
    Buda
    Welcome Sasa.
    Yesterday, 10:13 PM
  • Buda
    Buda
    I agree, the borders are too heavy.

Don't stretch the text. Use it at 100% scale only.

Personally, I don't think you need vertical lines at all. Just horizontal rules would...
    Yesterday, 10:12 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Business Card Critique
    Buda
    The back and the front look like branding for two completely different businesses.

What pt size is your contact details? It looks a bit too small from here. I wouldn't go under 8pt. You might...
    Yesterday, 10:09 PM
  • PanToshi
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF ralf

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Yesterday, 09:48 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Sites

These sites are to be modest variations based on the one basic template structure, but I'm struggling to get the 3rd one right. My concept so far for these, has been to use the logo colours, but it just doesn't work for the mini cooper site. I'm supposed to make it funky, trendy, fun, and fast looking ... these colours just don't trigger either of these key words for me.

Any body got any ideas?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ulysses; 05-24-2005, 06:49 PM.

Great job, Ulysses!!!!!!!!!!!
    Will you keep the background white?
    Judge Me All You Want, But Keep The Verdict To Yourself.

Comment

Thanks, sweety.

I'm planning for it to be a pale grey, but the client asked for the design to have alot of white space - there is a current trend for web sites to be requested with alot of white, rather than alot of graphics. No doubt they'll have the last say.

Comment

Sure. Anyways i like it a lot Good luck with finishing.
        Judge Me All You Want, But Keep The Verdict To Yourself.

Comment

Awww, shucks. You're a star, Russian girl [wink]. Thanks ... but I am really not happy with the Mini Cooper design. I think I'm going to have to break the mould on that one.

Comment

Ulysses-

As far as basic structure is concerned, I think you're right on the money. While the color scheme isn't that exciting, it's certainly better than a lot auto sites out there. I think your client is right to ask for white space as that will make the car standout.

The one thing that's really lacking is a sense of movement. Perhaps your navigation graphics could be slanted on the right edge or perhaps use some flash element that will give the feel of speed/movement.

You're definitely close to success!
            Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

Yeah ... when a client already has a logo (and it's crap), I tend to be honest to it in my adaption, but obviosuly not to the extent that is completely crap; just their requirement, with a sprinkle of their crap on top, lol.

The client loved the Porsche and Corporate proofs though, as I suspected, but they didn't hate the Mini Cooper as much as I did. Still, they're to give more extensive feedback in th next day or two, on how to proceed with it.

As for movement ... that was only a requirement for the Porsche one ... the red line is all that was need to give it that. Flash was a no-no too ... it isn't supported by their CMS structure, apparently. Otherwise, I totally agree it could have helped to have some flash elements.

For now, I need a break from that damn Mini Cooper ... pile of ****. Hahahaha.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X