Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Freelance Work/Volunteer Experience on Resume/Applications
    PrintDriver
    Are you applying for a job at these colleges? Or applying as a student.
    For a student,
    Most colleges have admission guidelines, including what you submit in a portfolio. Never seen a resume...
    Today, 10:32 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to My Stonework company logo
    Roth
    Going for the hipster aesthetic is about minimalism, which in itself is about good placement. So you have the basic elements right - Trade Gothic, 'est.'script font, circular holding shape, business emblem....
    Today, 09:29 AM
  • extraordenary
    Comment on First Poster Design
    extraordenary
    Thanks for you're input and I'll do my best to follow the advice you've given me!
    Today, 09:27 AM
  • Lucifer
    Reply to Portfolio advice/criticism
    Lucifer
    Brilliant work. For how long have you been a graphics designer? Did you have a mentor?
    Today, 08:11 AM
  • B
    Reply to Portfolio advice/criticism
    B
    I'm mostly just curious, but you're apparently from Korea, yet your work is primarily in English. Is that common?

As for your work, I like it. The warm, dark reds, browns and amber hues have...
    Today, 06:52 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion required on these Brochure designs

Hello all,

I am uploading 3 options of a brochure cover I designed recently for my company.
    The cover will be a thick board and will be spiral bound as indicated (Expecting lot of pages).

Your feedback and suggestions are required. Feel free to comment, critique and suggest.

Thanks
    Abhijith
    Attached Files
    Last edited by abhijith; 05-25-2005, 08:33 AM. Reason: Image was not attached

i'm more fond of the red design over the blue.

I'd say the first one works the best.

Comment

I like 2 and 3 ... though the blue looks more comfortable with the outside photos you've placed within the hexagons. I do think the 'SERVICES | INNOVATION | QUALITY' text needs to be bigger though, but perhaps not quite as large as the in image 1.

Nice job by the way, and welcome to the forum.

Comment

I like #2. But i'm a big fan of red. I just thing that particular design looks clean. #3 is too jarring for me. you eye fights for the focal point.

Good work though
        "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

I think the red/blue issue is personal preference (I really dig the blue better), but either works. And I prefer the layout/proportions of #1. Nice job.

Comment

i like em too - just wondering what the hexagons are about though? Is the theme going to continue throughout the brochure?

Comment

#2 has my vote.
              ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

What I wouldn't give to be able to get clients like this....

Yes, I agree with the others, the solid background works. Whether it's two or three depends on your personal preference, as someone else mentioned. Of course, does the company associate itself with one color over the other? That could decide it.

Comment

I like the blue one. =)

Comment

Here's a curve ball... I like #1. I really like how the red and dark gray are set off and how the four images break the line... I think it looks like something I would want to pick up and check out... Great work
                    Chris
                    Fuelded by Imagination

Comment

I am with chris - go with #1, but I think you should extend the red bar at the bottom to bleed left and right.
                      Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
                      http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh ... are curve balls allowed here!? In that case ... vote for anyone but Bush next time.

Comment

I like 1. It is not as over powered by the color as 2 and 3 are. You lose the pictures in 2 and 3. 1 seems to focus more on the pictures because of the break line.

I would make the three words a bit bigger. You want them to be noticed more.

I am curious too about the hex design and if it was carried out throughout.

Comment

#1... if you put the color off, the graphic grid is better i think!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                            Working...
                            X