Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Carlo
    Reply to Changing color mode InDesign
    Carlo
    Depends on the version of InDesign you are working with and if you use color in other parts of your document that you want to maintain.

If you have cs6 or later you can convert your color...
    Today, 11:13 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    PrintDriver
    We only use minis to run AV equipment. :}
    If you are going to use a mini, I might still suggest you get outboard file storage. A small RAID or high cap SSD.
    Every "adapter" you will...
    Today, 11:01 PM
  • Aurust
    Illustrator Quick Click Copy
    Aurust
    I was wondering if there is a quick easy way to copy a graphic and then have it pasted every time I click? I've tried the Alt+drag copy but it gets a little tiring quickly. Is there any way to accomplish...
    Today, 09:50 PM
  • KrazyLady
    Comment on My First Design Assignment.
    KrazyLady
    Hi Billy, Thanks for your feedback I had to lower the resolution to get the file small enough to post on this forum. (that's the only way I know how to make a file smaller at this point). If there...
    Today, 09:24 PM
  • iyiyi
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    iyiyi
    Awesome. Thanks! Ya, it will have 16gb which is double what my pro is right now....
    Today, 08:52 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some art on a larger type of canvas...

This is a pic of my buddies truck that I painted a few weeks back. There's over 20 hours in the prep and painting alone and probably another 12 in wet sanding and buffing.

The truck was already red, so we disassembled the truck, taped off the stripe over the bumper cover, grill, hood, top of the truck and tailgate. Painted the silver, then layed down the stars to "mask" out and then painted the charcoal over them. Then removed the stars thus leaving the silver stars in the gray. Then clearcoated the entire pieces. After a few days of letting the paint cure, we wet-sanded to slick it out and also to eliminate any tape edges from the graphics and there you have it.

My buddy took it to the World Ford Challenge 8 last weekend and won FIRST PLACE with it, beating out something like 16 trucks! Needless to say he was happy and so was I...all of the hard work paid off.

Anyway, just thought I'd share...designing these paint jobs on the Mac is only part of the fun...lol.

In case any of you want to know, this truck is hella-clean and he's installed:

- ProCharger supercharger (around 350 HP I think)
    - 20" Rozzi Chamber wheels
    - custom tinted windows with red stars in them
    - ground effects
    - custom Cervinis hood
    - custom grill inserts
    - many other things both inside and out
    Last edited by YNOT; 06-01-2005, 01:24 PM.
    tmooregraphics
    Horsepower For Your Business!
    Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

sweet work! The truck looks great!

How did you attach the stars and masking bits so that they would block out the next layer of paint without being so sticky that they peel up the paint beneath them?

Or am I looking at vehicle paint as being too "fragile"?
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

You simply give the paint 15 minutes to dry and you can apply tape to it without any troubles...usually...lol.

I used "low-tack" vinyl when I had the stars cut. Not too sticky, but just sticky enough to hold an edge.

There's a special fine line tape for taping off graphics on cars.
      tmooregraphics

Comment

In a word: sweetness.
        Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

I had an opportunity today to get a few close-up shots of my friends truck, so here they are...

And a shot of both of our rides...

tmooregraphics

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X