X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotan Project poster

Long time no see. (Had to make a new profile) I'll be posting some of the things I've made at school after christmas. Here's the first one. It's a poster for Gotan Project. A jazz\electronica band. I'm trying to illustrate feelings with the "goo" and used red and yellow because tango and jazz are very passionate.

Please comment

Last edited by Stratos; 05-27-2005, 12:31 PM.

v. nice...! for some reason im seeing renowned jazz fan groucho marx there too...

Comment

I like it. simplistic and it works great. good job.
      "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

i like it a lot stratos! it's simple and very nice - i do like the font you have used as well!

also noticed you are from norway, so here's a big hello from a fellow norwegian (although i've lived in the UK for the last 6 years now)
        work play shoot flabfight

Comment

Tusen takk I've made the font myself. Haven't made a complete set though. And it's pretty basic, so someone else must have made a very similar one. Where do you work? What do you do? If you don't mind me asking

Comment

I like it.

But how about taking the notch on the t and moving it up a bit and extending it to the right. Kind of like you did with the g and n.
            ProudPenguin
            P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

Neat! Say, is that blob using a gradient mesh from Illustrator? It looks so similar.
              Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

Gradient what? No. Who? ...yes. It is a gradient mesh. Nothing fancy

Thanks Ryan8720. I'll try that. ...tried it. Didn't work very well, but a good idea. A shame I didn't try that myself.

Comment

I dig, very sexy.
                  How did you get that cool flamish effect out of illustrator if you don't mind me asking.
                  match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

i agree with the rest and love the font created.

Comment

Neida, det er greit - i don't mind you asking! I work as a Creative Designer in Leicester at the moment, for the UK branch of a company that do packaging and labelling for some of the biggies in the fashion industry. I design anything from hangtags to go on clothes to in-house marketing materials.
                      work play shoot flabfight

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
                      Working...
                      X