X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling All LOGO Experts!!

I designed a new logo for the company I work for because I am sick of looking at ours and I think it stinks. It's too long, too condensed, hard to read at smaller sizes and way too busy. I haven't showed it to the man yet, but we discussed coming up with something when I have extra time to fit it in. Here's what I have so far. I am aware that the flame isn't perfect yet and the "S" is hanging down a bit. Just wonder what you guys think of this rough draft? Critiques please!! This is an aftermarket automotive performance parts supplier. (hot rod/race car stuff). thanks.
    Attached Files

I like the color scheme. Red and black always indicate a level of bad-assity. To me, when I hear Ramchargers, I think of ram's horns. Maybe incorporate that instead a flame type graphic. Just my .02. You're off to a good start.
    Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

i don't see the point of the red (continuation of the 'r'?) under the flame...and the flame looks like a false moustache to me...hahahaa...you should put a false moustache on it...hahaha.

sorry.

i like it a lot better than the current one, though. why is the flame black?

Comment

I think it's less of a continuation of the 'R' and more of an addition to the flame-exhaust coming out of the exaustpipe-like S. But I agree, it looks a liiiiite bit awkard. Overall, though, you did an excellent job. I think your higher-ups would be batty not to take the new design over the old.

Comment

Wow. Much much better. I understand the use of the black flame to guide the eye between the red text and smaller black text, but I agree with the others that it could stand some refinement and fine tuning.

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Our company colors are black & red so that's why it's those colors. As for the rams horns, they used to have that a long time ago but want to move away from that because people think we only sell chrysler parts which that used to be the case 30 years ago. i know the flame does need refinement. as for the black on the flame, it is to separate itself from the red text and i added red to the bottom of the flame because flames usually do have red in there. I'm working on different flame shapes but I don't want to use the typical hot rod flames. thanks for the replies.

Comment

Some of what I would say has been made by others already, but I totally agree about it being a big improvement over the old. That old logo is DEFINITELY too busy and you certainly can't hardly read it at that small size. And the new one would be a lot easier to print if it was going out for two color work

Comment

Your draft is definitely a lot better than the original, but I'm not digging the swishy black flame thing. Perhaps you can creat a more understood flame curved upward and come out at the end, with Ramchargers behind it? Somewhat like what the original logo has, only not craptastic.
                Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

looks good.
                  but i would line the top of that "S" with the rest of the letters
                  www.standercreative.com

Comment

revised

I believe this one is much better, especially the flame. Unclecarbunkle was right, it did look like a mustache.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I liked the flame black, but what is happening is that your S doesn't really look like an exaust pipe right off the bat. I didn't even notice it until someone else pointed it out. Maybe make the S black so you can really see the pipe.
                      Bobbysky
                      Site // Blog

Comment

sweet! looks nice.

Comment

I would agree with Bobbysky on making the flame black, maybe stretching out the end of the S a little to give it more of a tailpipe feel. I think that you handled the text really well, the leading or kerning or whatever looks bang on to me.
                          Nice work.
                          match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

thanks everyone. i think they're gonna go with one of these actually, either one with a stroke around the tailpipe or with the felt edge which isn't as easily seen however how many people noticed the fedex arrow right away? i'll probably show them a black flame version also.
                            Attached Files

Comment

i like these ones Keith, the first one looks more like an exaust with the little detail. I like where it is headed. nice work.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X