X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My business cards.

Alright. my first post of work. I'm nervous.

These are two of my personal business cards (I have 5).

I used a combination of other people's brushes I have had forever, my own brushes, and modified brushes.

Mixture of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and a little Freehand. Adobe Bridge made it possible.

Thanks!
    The colors are the fronts
    Last edited by Image; 10-11-2005, 10:28 PM.
    Fondly.

Learn more about me here!

Last edited by Image; 10-11-2005, 10:28 PM.
    Fondly.

Comment

of the four business cards you have posted I am strongly drawn towards the greyscale card in post #1, I also like the second in your second post but I feel that the typography and handling of colour is superior in the first example...nice work
      My head hurts
      ....................( I )
      ...................Ω

Comment

In each post, the color is the front of the card, the grayscale is the back.

I only posted two cards.

That's a unanimous sentiment of eveyone, held by myself included, that the typography on the back of the cyan card is superior to that on the back of the magenta card. I'm just getting used to and exploring that stye of typography, so as I post more you'll see it improve.

Thanks!
        Fondly.

Comment

Pretty nifty. What do you do film-wise?
          Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

I like 2 the best. But on the back side you might want to darken the dark letters a bit or lighten them up because they can be a bit hard to read. Good work.
            Chris
            Fuelded by Imagination

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Jack - I'm fluent in After Effects, Apple Motion, and C4D, so I do a lot of post production motion graphics and CGI.
              Fondly.

Comment

Originally posted by Image
                Thanks everyone.

Jack - I'm fluent in After Effects, Apple Motion, and C4D, so I do a lot of post production motion graphics and CGI.
                Awesome. I'd been thinking about getting into that, but I don't know the first thing about it.
                Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

I would also vote for the first card. The back of the magenta card should have the black text lightened for better contrast. However, sometimes things look different in the hand than they do on the screen. Nice design. You said this is your first post. Did you set up bleeds for the printer? This is easy to do in Illustrator.

My graphic design, web design, and writing site
                  Steve Chittenden

Graphic design, web design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
                  -- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Yeah. Both cards have a 1/8'' bleed all around. The bottoms cut very close. Heh. The Color pics are a little different size than the grayscale in this thread, I did that because the color aliased for some reason when it was the same size as the grayscale.

Jack - Apple Motion is really quite easy. It's a child's toy, in fact; like...diet flash, sort of. Diet raster video enhanced simple interface smarter timeline intutitive flash.

After effects...well, that's an adobe program, so enough said.
                    Fondly.

Comment

You have made a good start with some very interesting colours...

For a business card they are cluttered with not a very good use of negative spacing, maybe trying to condense the info and playing the imagery against the type or spacing will help. You have kinda done this in the magenta coloured card, but that script font just has to go, especially as it is a card for someone creative. (It is the first font virtually all customers (with no design background) think they should have on their logo/ID, which to me says it all.)

Also the justification on the top Cyan card needs a little attention...

Keep it up, have a look at other creative cards in other peoples portfolios online, sometimes less is more and putting less in can give the job more dynamics.
                      Last edited by Mitch Wood; 05-31-2005, 08:16 AM. Reason: Sounded a little up my own arse.... ;)
                      Only dead fish follow the current...

Comment

I'm really liking these ... though I cannot assertain whether the name is supposed to be 'Gyrian'!?

Comment

I like the first one.
                          I think they would look real sharp on some funky paper stock, maybe textured or something, definately not a standard cardstock.
                          match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Ulysses, wow, that's a really useful piece of feedback! I will take that into consideration when these go back to print.
                            Fondly.

Comment

LOL at Mitch Wood's reason for editing his post.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X