Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ChrisDudley
    Reply to Logo Critique, Please
    ChrisDudley
    I think you need to work a little longer on the kerning of the new logo. Between the E + S sits a little strange to me.

Have you tried this logo with the stem of the D/9 going vertically?...
    Today, 10:20 AM
  • ChrisDudley
    Reply to Law Firm Logo
    ChrisDudley
    Are there any other ideas that you had? It's not that I think this is a bad logo, it's got a few spacing issues in my opinion. But it's by no means bad.

The problem I have with it is, if...
    Today, 10:15 AM
  • ChrisDudley
    Reply to Education consultancy logo
    ChrisDudley
    I am fan of the logotype, I think it looks tidy and professional.

For the mark however, I think the addition of the spine of the book detracts from the idea of it being representative of...
    Today, 10:05 AM
  • ChrisDudley
    Reply to Personal Logo Concepts
    ChrisDudley
    I'm making an assumption here, but am I to believe that this is a downloaded, free typeface? As it certainly feels like one. In other words, it doesn't hold much of an air of quality. It feels a little...
    Today, 09:55 AM
  • approveme
    Reply to Photosculpture
    approveme
    Very nice article ..
    Today, 08:48 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Ever Blend - {Suggestions?} -

I just started working with images, and how to blend them...I just wanted to get some feedback on my first one. I am searching for feedback about this image:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37...e/watercar.jpg

Thank you in advance for your suggestions/comments

(By the way, the car in the picture is a Nissan 2004 350Z , and the image blended into it is an ocean view)

------------------------------------------------------------------

"
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work."

-Thomas Alva Edison

------------------------------------------------

"
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

-James Dean

Not too shabby but watch out for areas like the wheel arches, the way in which you have juxtaposed the two images can be betrayed by the fact that when a surface changes its angle from your point of view... what it reflects will also change... I'm just a git, I always look out for these things sorry

I would revise the placement and treatment of the signature as well perhaps

oh and....Welcome to the forum
    Last edited by Ghastly; 05-30-2005, 11:27 PM.
    My head hurts
    ....................( I )
    ...................Ω

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I see what you mean. I'll try to get the reflections and angles a bit more exact...any other comments?

------------------------------------------------------------------

"
      Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work."

-Thomas Alva Edison

------------------------------------------------

"
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

-James Dean

Comment

agh...I can see yer gonna get sick of hearing from me but it would perhaps help the image if you set it in an environment where it would indeed reflect the sea...when i first read the post I looked at it and just thought...you've put some text on top of your car and knocked the opacity a bit...right, well......

Twas only when I scrutinised your post again that I scrutinised the image more.
        My head hurts
        ....................( I )
        ...................Ω

Comment

you've put some text on top of your car and knocked the opacity a bit...right, well......
          Ahahahahaha!
          Fondly.

Learn more about me here!

Comment

That would make for a nice paint job.
            Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

I would agree with adding some surrounding to suggest the reflection of the water. Could be a lot of work, but great for practice and honing your skills. Not to be a stickler for details, but technically, a blend is one object transforming to another, usually with steps and transitions. You might want to play with the filters a little too, like the ocean ripple. Go easy on it though, you can't control the perspective.

My graphic design site
              Last edited by cbscreative; 05-31-2005, 07:28 AM.
              Steve Chittenden

Graphic design, web design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
              -- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
              Working...
              X