Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ChrisDudley
    Reply to Sand Queen
    ChrisDudley
    Hello Rokas,

You've done a stunning job on these illustrations. The only thing I'd be wary of is that this style of illustration has been around for a little while now. Obviously I don't...
    Today, 11:53 AM
  • skribe
    Comment on CSS responsive background image
    skribe
    This is a very old thread from 2011! But that might work okay, but is not the best option is some circumstances. I have found what works well in most cases is using the "background-size: cover;"...
    Today, 11:47 AM
  • StudioMonkey
    Reply to RIP: The Necrology Thread
    StudioMonkey
    The death of Australian cricketer Phil Hughes has hit a lot of people hard. So unexpected, so sudden, an awful thing to happen to a young, talented cricketer who was well on the way to being one of the...
    Today, 11:12 AM
  • extraordenary
    Comment on First Poster Design
    extraordenary
    Thank you a lot for the constructive criticism. The logos were actually given me to begin with and they were made on Illustrator, so I couldn't really do anything about that. I have learned a lot in terms...
    Today, 09:07 AM
  • Salt
    Comment on Happy Turkey Day!!
    Salt
    hehe
    because you ate stuffed turkey.
    Today, 08:05 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please come dump on my logo

This is a logo for a local realtor.

http://www.countryguesthouse.ca/logo.jpg

Thanks.
    Last edited by Eraser Nubbin; 06-02-2005, 08:22 PM.
    match in the gas tank, boom boom

Hmm. Love the key idea and the colors. Those colors are timeless.

Logo 1.
    This one is really nice. Simplistic.

Logo 2.
    Like this one alot too. Easier to read her name with the darker font used.

Logo 3.
    I believe you are gonna run into problems with this down the road, being so long in design.

Logo 4.
    Too many lines, too many objects breaking into each other. I almost can not see the key.
    Skinns
    Skinwerks Tattoo & Design
    Scott Padgett Art

"creativity is not a button you push"

Comment

One thing I notice immediately about all of these is that the loop in the key is the largest object and thus is the focal point of the logo, drawing attention away from everything else.

I think out of all of them, 1 is best, but it still needs some tweaking. My eye starts at the "O" and leads right to the "KH" without picking up "Kari Howell Realtor". There's nothing that leads my eye to this text.

In 2 and 3, you break the flow of the logo with the text. In 4, it looks like two separate logos.

What if you made "Kari Howell Realtor" the logo without the key, similar to the right side of #4? Or do you need the key?

Just my $.02. Thanks for sharing and good luck.

Comment

She was pretty keen on the key, the whole idea of her being "The Key to Your New Home", that is kind of the tag line we are running with. I agree with the loop being a little to heavy.
        Thanks for the feedback.

On a side note, if a printer were to tell you:
        "captured at a minimum of 300dpi, stored at 24 but TIFF files)

What does "stored at 24" mean?
        match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

#4 with some tweeking like Skins said
          "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

The key is clever. Try using a regular serif instead of that slab serif in the key letters. They'r a little bit obvious because of their lack of brackets (the joint between the main stroke and the serif).

That whole key logo, like everyone said, should be thinned down. It's jarring and stealing the attention. Try standing it upright and running all the text real clean right next to it.

Those, of course, are just suggestions, no way to know if they're good or not without seeing it. Overall just try to avoid too much words overlapping objects, words contained inside objects, obscure top and bottom alignments, it gives it all a thrown together look. Certainly a solid start, though.
            Fondly.

Learn more about me here!

Comment

I like the colors and overall style but I agree with Steve-o about the loop. Too big.

What if you did away with the key itself and turned "Kari Howell" into the key and use REALTOR as the teeth of the key somehow? Just thinking off the top of my head.
              You want it when!? Well in that case, let me pull my magic wand out of my ass and take care of that for you.

Comment

i agree about the loop on the end of the key. maybe make it another shape &/or make it smaller. i like the text inside of key on #2 but not sure about the name. but it's my favorite. good work. keep us up to date.
                Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                Working...
                X