Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    <b>
    I agree, the Canoscan is a good scanner -- especially for the price. I've bought a couple of Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanners for work, and would do so again if they're still made. They've been very...
    Today, 03:54 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    PanToshi
    Adding my vote for keeping it.
    Today, 03:31 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Glad to Be Here Now!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Tess

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:44 AM
  • PanToshi
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    PanToshi
    Yep, like I said, freelancers who are hoping to work full-time for the company for which they are occasionally freelancing are unemployed designers who are freelancing until they find full-time work.
    Today, 02:40 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    MichaelWied
    The "freelancers" are basically there to be called in if a big project comes up and they need the extra hand, and these are designers hoping to get a full time spot at the company.
    Today, 01:51 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club - logo

Hi All. Here is a client I wrapped up last year sometime. The end result was one of several sketches that I proposed, but didn't think it should've been chosen. Unfortunately with no success they insisted on having letter (F) be the ultimate design. I was hoping for letter (B), seemed like a good one for the premise.

By the way, what is scope of the company? It is a website that has LIVE FEEDS to all the active clubs in big cities. The idea is that users can log on to the site and then from there browse different clubs to see which ones are happening. Below are the sketches and final rendering of the project.

The Sketches

The Polished Final
    Skinns
    Skinwerks Tattoo & Design
    Scott Padgett Art

"creativity is not a button you push"

I am partial to C myself, and the text on E.
    You have some pretty amazing illustration skills, you've got a great handle on textures to from your work that I have looked at.
    You go through any particlular books or tutorials to pick that up?
    • match in the gas tank, boom boom •

Comment

You certainly have an inspiring talent!
      Fondly.

Learn more about me here!

Comment

Rad! Do you have a background in graf?

Comment

Eraser: Thanks for the compliments. I have a illustrator background, so the sketch part is always fun for me. But I believe this hurts me when comes to thinking "simple" and "less is better" when comes to LOGO DESIGN. Most of my logos I believe are real UNprofessional, just because there is THAT illustration background. - something I am hoping to fix from this site.

Regarding Textures, well there is another habit I am trying to break. I use alot of noise, rust, rock, concrete, etc through different channel mask in photoshop. If I can see a little bit of grit on a design or logo then it feels "LIVED-IN", "USED" or just "AGED" for me, and most of my clients do like!

Basically I try anything that removes the "computer" feel to it.

IMAGE: Thanks, I do feel the same about alot of stuff I see here. Art feeds Art.

DELETEYOURSELF: No I don't, But certanly love that avenue of art

Here is another simplier version:
          Skinns
          Skinwerks Tattoo & Design
          Scott Padgett Art

"creativity is not a button you push"

Comment

this turned out really nice. The look and feel of it all rocks man! totally a club look to it. Personally i really liked the concept of "C", but that's just me. Nice work!

Comment

I stay stick with your style. You have style that is unique and sets you apart. If your art is original there and eye catching enough there will always be a need for it. I think you should take the logo you did which is complex and layered, and reduce it to its simplest forms. I would love to see a one or color logo that is flat. It would challenge you some, and it would provide a lower cost logo they could use on press or on something that is smaller. Do I make any cents?

Out
              Less be more.

Comment

Great illustrations skinns, I really like the way you draw! Like you said your logos look a bit too illustrated, but what the hell, it is your style and you should take advantage of it. I must agree with Mynock when he says:
                I would love to see a one or color logo that is flat. It would challenge you some
                And if you draw so well, why dont you use handdrawing for some illustrations (not as a logo, I mean)? Why vectorize it if i looks so good in sketch?
                :daniel jacoby

Comment

I like your sketches. Very inspiring.

Reminds me that I should do more concept sketches before going to vectors.
                  Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

The pencil...such a humble tool, yet capable of so much
                    damn fine work skinns
                    My head hurts
                    ....................( I )
                    ...................Ω

Comment

I agree very nice work, and awesome sketches. But I do have one question, is this Vector or Raster?
                      ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X