Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Alexander.aXy
    Reply to From Architect House Plan to Realistic 3D model
    Alexander.aXy
    Thanks guys,

I thought i could do it in 24h, but i realised meanwhile that it was impossible. The software are complicated enough.. I had a friend to help me and i was able to show it to...
    Today, 10:29 AM
  • sybli
    Comment on How well do you see color? (fun & games)
    sybli
    The highest I managed was 35. But I think the levels are generated by the program and there will be a new level as long as there is still time left on the clock, no matter how fast you are.
    Today, 09:20 AM
  • sybli
    Comment on How well do you see color? (fun & games)
    sybli
    I have noticed the same thing with me, only with dark green. I'm averaging 25 but I made it to 35 only once and that was a lucky streak without any dark greens whatsoever.
    Today, 09:18 AM
  • fynch
    Reply to Help with logo "fynch"
    fynch
    Here are some of the other Idea's I've had roughly made up in illustrator. I also tried another variant of the original logo, editing the font a little bit and sticking to the egg idea rather than the...
    Today, 06:31 AM
  • fynch
    Reply to Help with logo "fynch"
    fynch
    Hi guys thanks for all the input,

@Kitchwitch thank you for the welcome Ill go over and check out the rules now, glad to know I wasn't having computer errors in posting this.
    Today, 04:44 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Extreme Doorhanger (must see)

Just need a couple suggestions on this preliminary layout. This is my friend. Yes, he really has those tattoos. no, the ink isn't really that bright. All the photography on the whole thing is done by me using a simple Panasonic LUMIXFZ20 digital SLR.

Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Freehand, Adobe Bridge. You know the drill.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Image; 10-11-2005, 10:25 PM.
    Fondly.

Learn more about me here!

The office, park, gym part seems a little off balance but other than that it seems like a good mass market graphic to catch peoples eyes. the word FITNESS (in your home) disappears against the roof of the car a little, maybe change the colour of the words or reposition the car? I like the tatoo guy, looks cool!
    I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

Definatly lose the car, way to distracting. Also, I don't like the weights sitting on their side like that, esp with 2 other images next to it that I think are right....don't know, the cropping is very abstract to me. On a good note, I love the front design, I think its very catchy, but I lose where to go when viewing the back side, my eyes are all over the place (all i see is "NO MORE EXCUSES) when I should really be seeing (IN HOME PERSONAL TRAINING). It was also kind of hard for me to figure out what this was just off of a few seconds of viewing. Generally on door hangings, you have to be straight to the point with your advertising, it must be clear cut, easy to understand, and generally straight forward. I hope that helps, its looking good too, just needs a couple minor adjustments.
      Last edited by D-Frag; 06-02-2005, 08:25 AM.
      ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

You said these are door hangers? How do you plan on hanging them on the door? Most will have a 1 3/4" hole at the top with a slanted slit.

Comment

I really appreciate the feedback, everyone. Especially FRAG.

I'm so used to nightclub and Hotel design that I have a tendency to be kind of busy. Here is the newest revision of the back, minus a better weights picture that I have an appointment to snap today. Just immageint there's some great picture there.

Better?
          Last edited by Image; 10-11-2005, 10:30 PM.
          Fondly.

Comment

You should use pantone 803 and 806 instead of yellow and magenta when printing it. give it a super boost!

Comment

its looking alot better, im not to fond of the empty space now though without that picture, maybe find another one to fill its spot, or center the 2 pictures you have now and motion blur the sides out. Also, keep in mind what TPerkins said, your gonna need to watch out for where your die cut will be. Other then that I think it looks good, you def have the type saying what it clearly is.
              ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

I didn't think anyone knew that kind of trick but me, heh.

Actually, I'm running this on a four color press with about 30 other jobs, so spot colors aren't an option this time around. Great advice though! Thanks.
                Fondly.

Comment

Originally posted by D-FRAG
                  im not to fond of the empty space now though without that picture
                  Originally posted by Image
                  Here is the newest revision of the back, minus a better weights picture that I have an appointment to snap today.
                  The tattoo picture is so good the client is thinking about making it a rack card instead of a door hanger so we don't disturb it with a dye cut. I was aware of it from the start anyway, (this is what I do for a living, heh), these designs are just preliminary layout and concept drafts.

Good to hear it's looking better, thanks for the feedback, again.

Any more?
                  Fondly.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X