X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some logos I did

I just did these for fun. It's a company my dad works for. They make controls for water towers and oil wells, among a few others. I tried some with just typography, because that's what their current one is but also decided to try to use images too.

Last edited by Sketcher; 06-02-2005, 10:44 PM.
    "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
    -Steve Jobs

Of the seven designs, #7 in my opinion is the strongest.

That which I like about #4 is also a weakness: The way in which you try and incorporate a graphic into the stem of the letter K is a nice idea but if you imagine that graphic scaled down to something that would fit on a business card...suddenly it would begin to look a wee bit fragile.
    I have noticed that you try to incorporate the water tower and oils more often into the letter 'B' would not the lower case letter 'i' be a better candidate?
    My head hurts
    ....................( I )
    ...................Ω

Comment

i like 7 personally, u live near bristol ?

Comment

Number 7 is also the closest to a solid design in my opinion. Number 3 has a good starting point.. The "L" unfortunately becomes lost.
        Skinns
        Skinwerks Tattoo & Design
        Scott Padgett Art

"creativity is not a button you push"

Comment

7 just doesn't do anything for me. There's too much white space or something with the logo portion. I also think you should use less leading and see what you get. I would really tighten it up and force you to tighten up the logo on the left. Maybe even turn that graphic into a square or play with it some more. Maybe it is the line weight on the top and bottom going back to the left. I dunno.

I actually like 3 the best. I would play around with it some. I might get rid of the top and bottom bar or add one in white to the left. Also try stacking it instead of side by side. You might end up with something you like.
          Less be more.

Comment

Originally posted by Studio 7
            i like 7 personally, u live near bristol ?
            I live near Bristol Connecticut.

And I do agree about number 7. I'm going to work with that more.
            -Steve Jobs

Comment

Here's some revised ones:

-Steve Jobs

Comment

I really like #3 of the new batch, although i think the mark is slightly unbalanced... There just seems to be too much white space to the left of the inner B; maybe try moving the components about a bit inside the mark?

Comment

i like #6 of the last bunch. I can see that on a letterhead.
                  "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

Getting There

Here are some suggestions:

1. Use the same size type as you did on the Bristol and just let the top and bottom of the Babcok letter bleed off. I also like the "l" leading into the B like you had on the previous 3.

2. Try letting the letters bleed off so there is not black box around it.

3. I would try getting rid of the white border around the logo part. Let the Blue be continuous. In other words move it to the right a little and down a little.

4-6. Move your Bristol and Babcock closer together. The looks too big for me. It seperates them too much. I think you want them to be one element. Maybe even try them touching . You'll have to scall down your B logo then too.

Think outside the box, or get rid of it. Let letters touch, most of them get along. I might just like when they do. I could go for some touching emoticons right about now. Who will answer the call?
                    Less be more.

Comment

personally, i like #1 out of the revised logos actually i think that's the best of the lot. nice and simple
                      I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X