Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Juniberry
    Reply to Wordpress theme and plugin help for print company.
    Juniberry
    I should also mention that a theme that supports the visual composer would be excellent....
    Today, 05:54 AM
  • Juniberry
    Wordpress theme and plugin help for print company.
    Juniberry
    Howdy-doody fellas and bellas, I'm just after some quick advice from those of you out there with plenty of experience choosing and working with WP themes.

Attached is a template/guide to...
    Today, 05:53 AM
  • arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    the business is online. print-wise, the smallest it will ever get is a business card.
    Today, 03:53 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to UX tips
    lowfatgraphics
    Hmm This isn't UX, it is UI... Its common to get the two mixed up but having worked in UX and now UI, there is a pretty big difference.

Now from a UI stand point, there isn't much here...aside...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Candy Shop Logo
    lowfatgraphics
    "S" is tough to read-- looks interesting. the glossy highlights seem to have multiple light sources tho...might want to double check.
    Today, 03:43 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My site http://www.abeautifulview.co.uk/ !

Hello..

I've been making a website, which i hope will become a mini-directory of peoples work and ideas. I am based in Manchester, England and most of the work featured are people that live and work here, and friends etc.

Please have a browse around and look at the samples of peoples work, i have about 6 designers/illustrators featured at the moment, but have about another 10 to put up in the future..

PLease let me know of any thing you think should be changed, navigation probs, etc

Thankyou

Andy

http://www.abeautifulview.co.uk/

Oh yeah, and it's still very much a work in progress..!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, abeautifulview.

Looking good so far ... the only thing that comes to my mind, is how awkward it is going to get, when you keep adding to an already long page. Have you considered a sub-page structure of some kind ... even just a page numbering menu to span the contents over smaller pages, to start with? Being that it is only the home page that is up and full of content, I think it is most important that this page above all, is much smaller ... makes a site feel more warm and friendly (for first time visitors especially).

There's some nice work on there already, too. It'd be nice to see how it develops ... good start though.

Comment

Yeah, that's some useful info.. My plan was to archive the home page (the long scrolling one) every month so there was only minimal stuff ever on there, and then to group people into the 'print' 'illustration' sections as the database got bigger. It's got to the stage where i need to satrt doing that i think.. hmm

I'd also like to keep the work more for peoples personal and more creative stuff than the more corporate boring stuff we all seem to do for our day jobs haha..although there is some commercial stuff creaping in there..

Comment

I personally like seeing corporate, experimental, and fashionable all mixed in together ... so as to draw attention to it all, rather than break it down, especially as this is a creative showcase ... a pool of stuff lol.

If you run this via a dababase though, it'll certainly make thinsg easier for you as the webmaster. I am finding the left menu unexciting though now ... I think it needs some of the character you've applied to the white/green banner. I'd also like to see that bird animated, and whistle ... don't know why, but I think itd be a hoot.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X