Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• DanCMU
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    DanCMU
    Thanks, much appreciated encouragement there.

‹Somebody else just told me the same thing about the 'e'. Maybe I should try and make this more obvious. It might be the case that the speech...
    Today, 09:01 AM
  • jessica21
    Reply to Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    jessica21
    seamas: I appreciate the suggestions on where to look for more influence. A challenge I keep running into is finding a typeface that is professional and clear for a logo, but still has a steampunk look....
    Today, 05:53 AM
  • CataclysmX
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    CataclysmX
    I really like this new concept, it definitely speaks "messenger" to me. At first I didn't know how to feel about the backwards e but realized it looks good because it's like they are facing...
    Today, 04:16 AM
  • CataclysmX
    Reply to Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    CataclysmX
    I would say J2 is working the best so far, I like that logo. I would just try and find a matching typeface that goes with it, or maybe even the same font, for using on the name below the emblem/pictoral...
    Today, 04:09 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Freelance Opportunities as a stu
    Buda
    I would tread carefully.

No one here is going to be actively encouraging a student to freelance. It's usually education first, internship, a few years of full time design work before freelancing....
    Today, 04:04 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Film Board website

Hi, I'm new here.

I wanted to show our complete redesign of the NFB website.

I was wondering what you thought of it.

nfb.ca

Many thanks

Excellent work. Great design, very user-friendly and highly creative! I dig the Perpertual Motions animation.
    Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

many thanks !

of course, I was talking about the Flash version.
      HTML is currently going thru an intesive revamp.

Comment

salut! bienvenue au gdf.

it reminds me a lot of one of the cbc micro-sites...dang it...i can't remember...i'll have to post it later when i've remembered it...darn!

but, right on - well done. i was on the old nfb site every now and again, so i can say with some authority that it looks a lot sleeker and is easier to navigate.

there used to be quite a nice bit of information on animators on the old site. not having taken the time to explore your new site fully, i haven't seen that old resource anywhere yet...is it still available? or am i somehow mistaken?

Comment

Hi uncle carbunkle

I think the website you were reffering to is CBC Radio 3.

Yeah the big background picture thing is mostly what makes them look alike, and I'm pretty sure it was a source of inspiration for the designer as well.

The animators informations would now be in the Portraits section. If not, they might be in our life-long to-do list

Comment

right on! i'll check it all out fully, later.

stick around and contribute - we have to impose our 'canadian content' on the world.

Comment

woohoo !

merci

Comment

I am in the process of learning FLASH. This website is fun to be on. nice work! I am not to sure about the FULL-SCREEN resolution. I personally hate when websites Hi-jack my desktop like that.

Very fun though
                Skinns
                Skinwerks Tattoo & Design
                Scott Padgett Art

"creativity is not a button you push"

Comment

Hey thanks, yeah I know the fullscreen mode isn't loved by all. There was a debate here to put the Flash version in the normal browser window, but the design was really made to be displayed fullscreen...

I don't know if you've seen it, my favorite section is Find a film, it was a big challenge to make this collapsable interface, all animated while keeping it 100% dynamically-driven (all the texts are in PHP/XML), and IMO the designer was very inventive in thinking that one out.

(when you search, the interface collapses to show the results underneath, and when you pick a film, the search results also collapses to reveal the film infos, and you can get back to both pages by re-expanding them - they get in the upper-left corner)

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X