Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Extreme colour shift
    PrintDriver
    Usually it's a combination of the ink dot pattern and the lam, not so much the stock. And won't you get silvering if you lam a matte stock? Or is it a real smooth matte?

CMYK inkjet is notorious...
    Today, 08:15 PM
  • misplacedVTer
    Reply to Friend as a client - problem
    misplacedVTer
    It's a tough lesson lots of people in the industry have learned, myself included. As for making things physical... the guy that stiffed me like this told me he would come to my house and shoot me dead...
    Today, 08:14 PM
  • H22
    Comment on Logo for a small startup company....
    H22
    I have talked with them at length about it but that conversation is kind of lost on them. This is a side business that they "may" grow into something larger. But at the moment, they aren't focusing...
    Today, 08:03 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to How to Delete Selected Backround
    KitchWitch
    Hi Brad and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 07:56 PM
  • Keyare
    Reply to Extreme colour shift
    Keyare
    Would printing on a matte stock, then lamm help?
    Today, 07:54 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What version do you prefer

I made 2 different versions of a kitchen, here is the first one wit the outside's light-

and here is version without light..

what does look better? I wonder which version i'll give to my teacher...So help me out here!
    Judge Me All You Want, But Keep The Verdict To Yourself.

I think the first one is the best, but the light effect is a bit hard, try a version when the light is in the middle of the both you posted.

hope this helps you

ikyut
    I have nothing to say, The Strokes...

Comment

Now im looking in detail, and another point is that the shadows on the first one do not match with the outside light entering by the window.

But on the overall, is a very nice kitchen, and teh textures looks very real. good work

ikyut
      I have nothing to say, The Strokes...

Comment

Thanks...I'll try to make shadows in another way

Comment

If you darkened the outside scene, the inside lighting you've got would likely be more forgiving (as ikyut brings to attention ... the lighting inside, does not reflect the lighting that should be coming from the outside - particularly the myst-like efffect). Have you tried rigging up a similar scene using real objects in front of a window, taking a picture, and comparing them?

I love your train even more now ... you can tell you've worked on the textures since last time. The awkward (and somewhat unlikely) texture on the window frame, really adds character to it too ... love it.

If you've to wrap this up quickly Russian girl, I'd go for the bottom one. I think it is better to show a picture where more elements work together ... then again, you may get some extra credit for attempting the haze through the window anyways.

Comment

Excellent job, Russian Girl! What a great piece!

I would pick the second one, personally.
            "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

2nd one
              "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

Thanks for your comments, guys

And this is the final shot i'll give to my teacher, take a look->

Comment

Hi Russian girl...

Actually I feel the light source is kinda non descript, I am getting two vibes that are contradicting each other.

If the main light is from inside the room (ceiling bulb), then your lighting is fairly accurate, but if the main body of light is through the window then I am afraid it sends the whole lighting on it's head, so I would suggest to make the window light very very subtle, that is if it has to be there.

Personally I would virtually get rid of it all together.

Hope this helps?

Also if you get rid of it, you will need to sort the angle of light on the plate. It needs to sit back a little to match the angle of light directing at the chair.

Comment

Also the shadows on the mnug are at a different angle to the rest of the shadows.

Comment

Thank you very much, mitch@home for your advices, i'll work on it

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X