• Show
Clear All

• Fake Business Card (please review)

I just made a fake business card for my future design company...here it is

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37...akebuscard.jpg

Please tell me what you think!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work."

-Thomas Alva Edison

------------------------------------------------

"
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

-James Dean

The copy doesn't make much sense, looks like you missed a word or two in there, or lost your train of thought.

The logo, is really not that strong. It doesn't say Web design to me. The scissors, what do they represent? Do they show you like clip art? or do you cut and paste alot of your work?

Point being, is there a concept behind the graphics.
    all other forms of advertising that fall out of that realm, missed the short bus to design school. - d-frag

Comment

I think that you have too much going on, either that or your content is not organized quite right.
      I would simplify it, I like your slug illustration (although I am not sure it is a super icon for a design company) but think that the 'wizdude' text needs to be an actual font. There are some good ones out there that emulate hand writing.
      match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

Yes there is no concept there. The copy looks like a yellow pages ad. the proportion does not look like it fits the standard 3.5" x 2" ratio. I know it's a snail and all but i think it's needs more detail visually to make it interesting because right now it's a large black circle. Add a white swirl to the shell or eyes or a mouth. I don't know why you have a snail in the first place but I guess this is where your concept should start. Add other elements that tie in with snails. Think, conceptualize, brainstorm..keywords: snails, nature, trees, garden or tag lines like "come out of your shell"? Get the idea? Figure some stuff out before you just go randomly typing away stuff on the computer. Hope this helps. I'd use a wizard???

Comment

With a name like Wizdude, i think it needs to be a turbo charged snail... Or maybe you should set that dude alight!

Comment

Wizdude...it will help if I am honest with you. when I looked at your business card the first thing that jumped out at me is your mark...the snail. As I understand it snails are really small and slimy things, and they are slow as hell...you gotta devise a better concept.

(For what its worth, the logo I created a while back has been scrapped in the light of some good and extremely honest feedback... after a whole weekend of sketching, my concept has evolved but I still haven't developed something that works properly..and there is much more time I need to spend on it)
            Last edited by Ghastly; 06-12-2005, 08:44 PM.
            My head hurts
            ....................( I )
            ...................Ω

Comment

I feel there is some thing wrong about the card. I dont have a positive impression about the card. Try some thing ells. thw wizdude font needs a change i feel. It looks like a kindergarden student wrote it. What dont you make it more serious. i mean the creative part of serious. Snail......... y. Are you that solw at work. this is the impression i have about your card.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X