• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portfolio Cover

I thought I'd do some artwork for the front of my portfolio

What do you think?
    Attached Files

I like it! Esp. the "do not eat" part. Are those really your eyes?
    While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. --Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, they really are my eyes..... although they aren't that green in real life!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay McLaughlin
        Yeah, they really are my eyes..... although they aren't that green in real life!
        Cool! I've got green eyes too and people are always asking "are you're eyes really that color?"

I like you cover alot....
        While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. --Mark Twain

Comment

Looks cool. Good work.

Here's a little tweak. Line the copy at the botton, with the 'r' in 'portfolio'. If you must.

Comment

I like the layout James especially the type treatment (not too sure if you need your name horizontally top left??

personally though I would let the work inside your portfolio do the talking not the cover.

That is only my opinion though...
            Only dead fish follow the current...

Comment

Oh yeah pay a little more attention to the kerning throughout the word 'portfolio' as stated above.
              Only dead fish follow the current...

Comment

Right, I've fixed the text block lining up with the 'r' (I noticed that as soon as I posted it!) I've also adjusted the kerning, and made the cross lines of the t and f line up with the x height on the r.

My reason for doing a cover page is partly to show off some more artistic work to compliment the corporate work that I've got inside.

Comment

Since I am not in the job market, I don't deal much with the portfolio issue, but I will say I like that. No critique, just a vote.

Steve
                  www.cbscreative.com
                  Steve Chittenden

Graphic design, web design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
                  -- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X