Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Reply to HI!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF George

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Typography resources.
    BillyLogan
    Thanks for sharing! I'v been looking for this on the web for hours for my next project and here it is!
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    HI!
    georgemaharis1
    Just posted in printing and prepress. Hope to see it approved shortly!
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    Register from a Gerber to a Roland or vice versa?
    georgemaharis1
    I need to be able to routinely prototype / make comps of self adhesive labels. This includes both clear and opaque. I have access to a ROLAND VS which does a VERY good job, but the metallics it can...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • desmiley1
    Reply to Illustrator won't let me highlight text?
    desmiley1
    Same here, new account...Thanks so much for posting this answer. The zombie post lives and has been re-awakened for 2014!
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments on my business card.

Here is my business card that I designed about 8 months ago. Just signed up on this forum and thought I could get some feedback on what people thought. Thanks for the help!
    Attached Files

I think is nice, I like the 3D effect. And colors are great.

ikyut.
    I have nothing to say, The Strokes...

Comment

welcome to the forum, matthew.

i'm not a fan of your fonts, and "television.film.graphics.web.desgin.video" doesn't really tell me a lot about what you actually do, so i'ma gonna reserve card comments for the moment.

tv/film/video - 3d renderings? gak? captioning?

there are a few of us *.ca's in here...recent grad? veteran? toronto? vancouver? saskatoon? wawa?

stick around & fill us in!

Comment

very slick card Mac, like that color hue alot. Is this a one sided card only?
        Skinns
        Skinwerks Tattoo & Design
        Scott Padgett Art

"creativity is not a button you push"

Comment

I like your colours, I think it would look good if your horizontal bars were wrapped around to the back side of the card.
          match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

the text on the bottom is a bit confusing on first glance.

Orgionally i had thought it was just there for design.

So you may want to go ahead and further differenciate the bottom type.

Perhaps make the
            t" or "p" different colors then the numbers of the phone number, e-mail address, etc.

Other then that i like the design.

However, the master of all trades thing is a bit confussing as uncle stated.

Comment

Placing the BFA under your name doesn't mean that much. Most people working as designers have a degree. I wouldn't put that on there unless you held a masters, or higher level degree.

Or if it means "Badass freakin' artist" the we're cool.

Otherwise a pretty attractive clean card.
              all other forms of advertising that fall out of that realm, missed the short bus to design school. - d-frag

Comment

It's simple & clean, I like simple & clean. It's sounds like you mostly do motion or 3d graphics, if I were you I'd design a business card with a little quicktime video built in displaying your work. Also your phone numbers don't work I just tried.

Comment

You need to create some hierarchy. Right now my eye just kinda zings around the card. The type of the bottom really needs some work. Make the P, C, Email, and Web bolder to distinguish themselves. I also agree about the web.motion. blah, shorten it. Other then that it's alright. Is that 3d graphic your logo, or do you have a logo? Keep pushing
                  Bobbysky
                  Site // Blog

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys. I made the card in a rush to give out to some people that I work with. I am a recent grad from ACAD, and I am working in Calgary. I do some freelance gigs for tv shows and commercials, what ever I can get in the TV/film industry. I also do freelance design work.

As for the card itself, it is onesided, might make it 2 sided though. I took the phone numbers off there, wasn't sure if I wanted to post them on the internet hehe. I just put the 3D stuff on there for some zing, I do not have a logo at present. Thanks for all the tips on the font, I will work on changing that.

Comment

I was being sarcastic Mac about the numbers and about the quicktime video, sorry about that.

Comment

smells good! - Richard Nixons Head, 3001.
                        I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X