Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• megoggsc
    Oh Portland!
    megoggsc
    This is something fun I did to remember my trip to Portland!...
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Howdy from Texas!
    Buda
    What is the project and what is the product? Most companies protect their copyright quite vigourously. Even if you don't get caught, there's always a chance.

Could your project be considered...
    Yesterday, 11:46 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Education consultancy logo
    Buda
    I prefer the first design concept, it just needs a bit more style to get it looking less generic.

This one's wings look like deformed human hands.
    Yesterday, 11:43 PM
  • ISitude
    Reply to Need advice for creating a label
    ISitude
    The label kind of confuses me ...although that's mot hard to do.

Does honey come from berries?
    Yesterday, 11:43 PM
  • Buda
    Comment on Education consultancy logo
    Buda
    If you type in "bird book logo" you'll get lots of similar looking logos.
    Yesterday, 11:42 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket Crops logo design

Hey everyone. I'm working on a freelance job right now. The company's called Mapshots and they have a product called "Pocket Crops." I'm not sure how much I can tell you about the product, but basically it helps farmers keep track of how much they plant, how much they yeild, etc. I have two versions of a logo that I'm pretty happy with, but I'd like to get some opinions. I like the blockier one better because it feels stronger and more masculine. I'm also not sure about colors because I can't print anything out at the moment, so I can only see them on my screen. Comments, suggestions?
    Attached Files
    ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Sounds like what would happen if you didn't wash your jeans for a couple months.

Hee.

Hey I like the first one. It's cute. It would work well.

The second one is fr more commercial though, looks like it's targeted toward larger companies. It would work well too.

Comment

the second one is alot stronger big bold lines and solid areas of colour, very big business-like and could be used with varying size. I agree with Keyare, the first one is more cute and environmental looking, especially with the leaf. I think the second one is the type of logo that you could paint across the side of a warehouse but both of them are very good.
      I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

I find the first one more successfull then the second.

However, the typography is very blane in the first.

I suggest you work on finding a better type face for the first one.

After you will have a strong design on both ends of the spectrum - identity and type associated with it.

Comment

Blane?
          Excellent word. I'm going to start using it.

I have to agree. The typeface in both logos is a little blane. Try moving it around a bit, changing the size, typeface and kerning. Whatever, just play. The logos themselves are great.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys. I'll see what I can do with the type.
            ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

I'm gonna go ahead and use the word insipid. You guys use blane. I think the first one is more memorable and creative definitely. I just think the typography is "insipid". Filled with insipidity. Very vapid. Or jejune if you will. Work on the type and I think you'll have a weiner!! Anywho, I do like the 2nd one too however it is very corporate looking.

No, I wasn't using www.webster.com
              Last edited by keith1; 06-15-2005, 03:23 PM. Reason: To explain I wasn't using webster's website :)

Comment

were you using www.thesaurus.com?
                "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

I dig the second one as well. While it is a tad more "corporate", it communicates a stronger farmer vibe than the first. Maybe a different shape for the logo might do the trick. Keep us posted!
                  Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

I looked at them both really quickly and the second one stuck in my head much more than the first one, although the first one is good I think the second one is much more memorable, it makes a bolder statement.
                    match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

OK FINE I was using www.webster.com now layoff!!!

Comment

ooh! layoffs! Me first! ME!!! ME!!!

I know EXACTLY what I would do for the rest of the summer!

Comment

I agree with most of whats been said here, even the use of the word blane..lol

I really like the first logo...but...I definately think #2 works better for this. #1 doesn't say "farmers" and "crops" to me..its to light and flowy (flowy? is that a word?) You get what I mean I'm sure tho.

#2 has the right feel I think, and it sticks in my head longer too...I do think the typography needs some play time tho.

I really like both your concepts. Be sure to post your revisions too

:thumbsup:
                          I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Originally posted by morea
                            ooh! layoffs! Me first! ME!!! ME!!!

I know EXACTLY what I would do for the rest of the summer!

Here's your pink slip morea. (hands over the slip) reads: due to budget cuts we are forced to lay off 1 employee and unfortunately you are the 1. Have a nice summer.

Comment

lol. "Aw shucks"

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X