Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Comment on Do You Keep Work Drafts?
    KitchWitch
    Technically I don't limit changes, I just stop at three versions of the same thing. Once we get to version 4, version 1 gets tossed. The 'final' is mostly for me, so I can grab the right file quickly...
    Today, 06:15 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Help with starting out in Design
    KitchWitch
    Hi JacobyO and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 06:07 PM
  • com_amy
    com_amy
    I wouldn't package everything multiple times. I generally don't even work in a draft format. So I figure that maybe 1 out of 5 projects will have multiple drafts. But those drafts will be useless later...
    Today, 06:06 PM
  • com_amy
    com_amy
    No they don't have access to the ID files. Sorry, by "they" I meant the people in the dept before me.
    Today, 06:04 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Which of HTML and XHTML works best for most browsers?
    <b>
    It's an oversimplification, but XHTML is really just HTML that requires a tighter adherence to syntax. There are no recent, major browsers that can't handle both just fine.

Anyway, both have...
    Today, 05:49 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advert for Jean Paul Gautier

This is an advert I have to do for a university project and is not linked in anyway with Jean Paul Guatier, I just needed a brand to advertise with

What do you think though?

Any comments would be great

Thanks
    I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Although it's quite a nice advert in itself, it doesn't carry the JPG brand. It just looks like any other mens fragrance.

Comment

Thats cool though - its not supposed to carry the brand as such - the bottle and name are just there as reference - the actual brand could be anything, its just a display of photoshop skills...sorry i should have put that in :S
      I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Comment

sorry i'm a spelling freak and just had to point out that it's spelled GAULTIER, not gautier or gauttier as you have put in your ad....

even if it doesn't have to "carry the brand" as you say, i think you would be better off reconsidering the brand you use as an example - picking a brand that your style of ad would suit. now it just doesn't look right, as my preconceptions of the jean paul gaultier brand clash with the image you have created in your ad.

i'm not sure about the fading out to black either, can't quite define it but it niggles at me and i can't put my finger on why i'm not keen on it. most magazine ads for perfume are very clean, making the most of the photography rather than being over-photoshopped, perhaps try to tweak this a little?
        work play shoot flabfight

Comment

Try letting the bottle work with the design.

And that fonts just looks like it is floating in the corner with no belonging, it needs gel man...

...it needs to belong!
          Last edited by Mitch Wood; 06-15-2005, 12:59 PM.
          Only dead fish follow the current...

Comment

i don't like the smoke or corona filter that you have behind the bottle. it reminds me of the stink that comes off of peppie le'pue in the cartoons.

$.02
            Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
            Working...
            X