Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• megoggsc
    Reply to Oh Portland!
    megoggsc
    Thank you Billy! I am still working on it, but here is the version that I meant to upload. I emphasized the Portland sign a little more in this one. ...
    Today, 02:49 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Oh Portland!
    BillyLogan
    Great work! My only concern is that it does not seem to have a focus subject on it. Add something really cool or highlight something you want to emphasize. Aside from that, I find it really artistically...
    Today, 01:45 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to How to choose a good graphic design for a web design company?
    BillyLogan
    Designing is both a skill and a talent. It is naturally God-given but you can study about it some more to enhance it. I suggest that you go and study first about the basics, line, color, typography and...
    Today, 01:43 AM
  • megoggsc
    Oh Portland!
    megoggsc
    This is something fun I did to remember my trip to Portland!...
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Howdy from Texas!
    Buda
    What is the project and what is the product? Most companies protect their copyright quite vigourously. Even if you don't get caught, there's always a chance.

Could your project be considered...
    Yesterday, 11:46 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo I have been working on for awhile

Here is a logo i have been working on for a while now. It is for a local family Dentistry practice. The Dentist currently uses a cheesy cartoon, toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss charachture for a logo. Very KINKO's.

Anyway here is what I have worked out of maybe 15 different ideas. She wanted to play off of the E's in her name so i played alot w/ that concept. Using the Flowing script font E is supposed to imitate floss which flows out of the box into the dentists name.

Let me have it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by INDY GS; 06-15-2005, 09:16 PM.
    all other forms of advertising that fall out of that realm, missed the short bus to design school. - d-frag

Makes me think more of flyfishing more then dental floss. Let me mull over it a little more. Right off the bat it's very elegant.
    Less be more.

Comment

something about this doesn't quite sit right with me... I like the idea/concept, and it's very elegant, don't get me wrong. maybe it's that "erin" is the only gray object in the piece, setting it apart from the rest of the logo.

edit:
      yeah, the swoosh the line makes across the type does remind one of fly fishing.

it also works well w/o the reversed out "e", BTW
      Last edited by danedawg99; 06-15-2005, 09:22 PM.
      Me Blog, ya scurvy dog----> http://dreamindex.blogspot.com
      click the monkey... you know you want to... <updated 11/26!!

Comment

I've tried it both ways, w/o the reversed out E, and with. As well as making the Erin black to match the rest.

w/o the E feels more masculine to me.

With the reversed e, it looks more feminine, which I think works with her image, as far as the way her office is set-up, decorated, and located.

I will probobly show the two versions w/ some tweaks and let her decide.

Any more comments?
        all other forms of advertising that fall out of that realm, missed the short bus to design school. - d-frag

Comment

The lines going through her name might need to be slightly thicker. I think they'll be lost when the logo is scaled down for something like a business card.
          ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

I am working with various weights, and testing them when shrunk down. I am afraid of that too. I suppose it really depends on what type of paper and what process is used to print it as to how fine the line can be.

I do however want to convey the thin feeling of floss.

Comment

at first when I saw this, I read "erin dds evans" .. eh? maybe move the dds around and find a better spot for it. I use to do design for a dental practice management company, and always had this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jdeeesign
                at first when I saw this, I read "erin dds evans" .. eh? maybe move the dds around and find a better spot for it. I use to do design for a dental practice management company, and always had this problem.
                I am wrestling with that right now. Here is the most recent version. minor typography change, and the change in color. I feel this leads the eye to read erin evans and then dds. But maybe that is me.
                Attached Files

Comment

I love the floss idea....

A couple of ideas...

*the white line thru the name needs to be a bit heavier...a bit hard to see and doesn't "match" the weight of "e" in the black box

* what about playing with the black box to make it look sorta like a floss package? Take out the big "e"....maybe that's where the "dds" or "family dentistry" text could go...

i don't know....just some thoughts.
                  While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. --Mark Twain

Comment

Not sure on the floss box, maybe, i will explore it. Here is a copy with a thicker stroke on the floss. I had to move it out of the dot on the I because the thicker stroke split it wierd.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I like how this is coming along. It looks better with the thicker stroke. One tiny thing that I notice now is that the line cuts through the letters a little bit funny in two places. On the "v" in "Evans," I would remove that teensy bit of the "v" that's left when the floss goes through. The same on the bottom of the first "d" in "dds." Know what I'm talking about?
                      ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

warmer
                        Less be more.

Comment

My suggestion would be this...

Where the "floss" comes into the "e" in erin it seems like it dips to hard...it doesn't flow quite right with the swoopy line off of the E in the box. Kinda look at how the swoopy "E" flows and follow it through a little better.

Does that make sense?

Also, maybe experiment with the "floss" going over and under on a portion of a letter or two.

All-in-all I like the concept...I think it's coming along pretty well.
                          tmooregraphics
                          Horsepower For Your Business!
                          Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

Comment

I noticed that wierd dip this morning. I am working with that exact idea to see what it looks like to dip behind and back in front. Great idea.

Comment

Here is the latest version. I like how the "floss" goes behind the a, and comes back out, but it goes through the bowl of the letter, floss does'nt go through teeth. Do you think that matters? opinions?

EDIT: didn't mean to post the color version, I was playing with color schemes for suggestions to the client. meh, its dark enough, I'm not going to mess with a new one for this crit.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X