Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• damonharris
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    damonharris
    Logo represent you and your business. If it's presentable enough, that means you are credible too in giving services to the clients or customers. That's why it's very important in any business because...
    Today, 06:12 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to creative business cards
    damonharris
    Choose a design that is creative and effective enough to boost your business and will get the interest of your potential customers. That's what I'm always telling my friends who are in the business. And...
    Today, 06:03 AM
  • Yehoshua
    Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    I've been exploring more with minimalism, but still trying to keep things logical. This is a 11x17 cover for a recent undergrad project I've been working on. Does it work? Why or why not? The blue wacked...
    Today, 04:22 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    vaprarts
    Now i have no real experience working with clients but in my opinion you did what most designers should do. You are being hired as a designer not an artist. Its our job to create work that makes sense....
    Today, 02:58 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Zoo Business Card Critique Wanted
    Buda
    I really like the aesthetic.

Will you do more in the series? You could have a different design for different departments.
    Today, 02:44 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You like?

I made this useing adobe photoshop, for a gilmore site.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...er/gilmore.gif

I like it, but I'd fix the scratchy and high contrast areas. Namely, the younger woman's arm on the left (my left).

Also, I notice the dragonfly over the older woman. I would bring that out more to distinguish it. It's kinda wasted on me, especially upon my first look.
    Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

Thanks! I thought the same about the dragon fly, but I like the cartoony looking arm

Comment

Very trashy punk style, a good composition, i like. I agree with Jackinbox fix the arm, it contrasts too much with the other elements in the piece. It looks like you've used a feathered stroke for the arm outline, maybe just take away the stroke and leave it as a dark area of colour.
        The texture in the middle is nice, looks like gouache mud.
        I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

I'll post the pic when I edit it. Thanks you guys, I think I am getting better at this! Some of you may remember when I posted that Harry Potter one. Ugh, bad memories, indeed.

Comment

I really like it, the colors are great.!!! and the savege font is takes my atention too.

Nice work

ikyut
            I have nothing to say, The Strokes...

Comment

I don't get it. What is the purpose of it or concept? I understand it's for a fan site of some sort but why the punk style?

Comment

yeah, not too into fansite art or anything along those lines (graphic signatures, etc.)

It's photoshop filtering/blending/effects just for the sake of using 5 million of em. bla. it's fine if you do it, but this is more of a professional work forum, isn't it?

just my opinion.

Comment

I am with Keith & JD...

Can't really comment as I don't know what the constrains are.

But composiitionally maybe you could try: (this is only my opinion so ignore me if you think I am talking out of ass - most do round ere anyway!)

1. The arm deffo needs sorting - revert back to how it was before you gave it the treatment.

2. Use that star brush too your advantage, to give it more depth. (ie play with neg space, sizes and densities.)

3. I do like the type loads, I appreciate the way it is kinda raw, you could maybe position each word so they play of each other and the stars with a little more gel, but you only know that when you have played with the stars, but I kinda like it raw like that...

(...it kinda reminds me of a lipstick message on my car window once saying - your dumped! never liked her much anyway!!)

4. Why is the dragon fly there? Either lose it of use it wisely to aid the composition.

5. Lose the paint effect/scan in the middle and compensate with the stars.
                  Last edited by Mitch Wood; 06-16-2005, 03:25 PM.
                  Only dead fish follow the current...

Comment

Oh yeah who are the Gilmore girls, they look saucy!
                    Only dead fish follow the current...

Comment

Originally posted by jdeeesign
                      this is more of a professional work forum, isn't it?
                      this is indeed a professional forum, but she's 14 and has to start somewhere.

why not learn from people already successful in the field she intends to pursue?
                      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by morea

why not learn from people already successful in the field she intends to pursue?

I agree, though it's a professional oriented forum, I think it's great to have the youngsters come here to learn. Not all of us though know the ages of peeps here so I hope they can also learn to have a thick skin and take the nice and the not so nice constructive critism.

Comment

hey, no harm no foul! I think everybody's doing a great job both giving and receiving constructive criticism on these boards... I was only pointing out that we've got members of all ages and experience levels here.
                          "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by morea

fair enough... I guess I started somewhere, too

I remember thinking having every single photoshop filter and plug-in would help me make AMAZING designs. ahh, those were the days... I remember making a website about 5 years ago, and I had HUGE rollovers for navigation, and everytime you rolled over, it would have big fire flames all in different colors with a drop shadow and bevels. Wow, I saw that recently and was just embarrassed for myself.

Comment

oh yeah forgot to say something about the piece.. mmm the background's fine, but I don't like all the effects on the actual girls. Maybe if you just took the real picture and tinted it a different color instead of adding glows and everything to their different body parts

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X