Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this one good?

I went with the more suttle look:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...er/gilmore.gif

i am working on a critique right now... but firstly why does the word 'best' start with a capital? sorry i'm being picky until i can come up with something constructive.
    I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

Originally posted by cjoe
      i am working on a critique right now... but firstly why does the word 'best' start with a capital? sorry i'm being picky until i can come up with something constructive.
      Yep! Thats a big error! Thanks! I'll fix that.
      http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...er/gilmore.gif

Comment

This one is good. Subtle is good. Did you put in the blurry effect at the edges. I didn't think that you should've gotten rid of the other one though, I just wanted to know why you made it in a punk style. Also I think you could've organized the content better and not just use filters and add stuff for the heck of it. I liked the font effect in the first one. I know you're just learning, keep at it, photoshop is a huge program. I've been using it for 6 years and still probably know less then 1% off its capabilities. Editing photos like this is good practice. Oh and also I think it's ('til) not ('till) the (') is used to replace the (u) in until. Do you know what leading is yet (pronounced led ding)? It's the space between sentences in point sizes. Here I think it's too spaced out. In this case it looks like you have it at about 16pt maybe for the text. Well next to the point size in the character window in photoshop is the leading size, decrease that until the 2 text lines are closer. Good job!!

Comment

It's 'til or until.
          Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

its very sentimental, the blurring next to the young chicks head is uneven, it seems like there is a chunk out of her head. Only minor technical stuff.
            Try repositioning the text, you might be able to get a more dynamic effect it seems a little static in the middle. I'm not sure how exactly you should follow this rule but check to see if the girls eyes line up on the thirds of the page. search for photography 'rule of thirds' on google, there should be some stuff on it.

Comment

this one i like as is.

contrary to popular belief I belive the capical "B" is working compositionally... even though it does not conform to the correct rules of grammer. The capital B is emphasising the best.

The letting is a bit off and type attributes have some promblems as keith mentioned. However... i didn't know what leading even was untill about a year ago.

so i'll let that one slide,lol
              Last edited by tZ; 06-17-2005, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tZ
                this one i like as is.

contrary to popular belief I belive the capical "B" is working compositionally... even though it does not conform to the correct rules of grammer. The capictal B is emphasising the best.
                good point.

Comment

I really liked the green one. But I know nothing. The two f's below her chin kind of bring my attention there and make her chin look like its popping out more. Once again, I just started using p.s. a few months ago.

Comment

My only crit is the blur on the girls head (on the right side). I think it's too heavy, and you can see a definite squared shape to it, which gives it an un-natural look.

Apart from that, i really like it!

Comment

sailedship not bad I had read up alittle on you and how you wanted to learn how to use filters. Well this is pretty good, looks simple and clean.

When I was learning Design one thing I learned was to start simple then get complicated as you go and learn to create fluid effects. Good Job! And I'm impressed your picking it up so quickly.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X