Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My business cards

* revised as of 7-10...

Here's the background...my business is car related graphic design. I do custom paint design for show cars, race cars, company vehicles, also logo design, full color renderings of project cars for magazines, event T-shirt artwork, etc.

Anyway, I'm looking to start branching out in hopes of doing work for other types of companies, but my true passion is for cars, so I want to keep that feel in the card design, hence the subtle flames in design 4 and my signature "TM" tire tread design in some off these.

Please give me some advice on which cards or elements you think are the strongest or what I could do to hone one of these down.

Anyway, here is my current card...
    http://www.satanclauz.com/~ynot/current_card_04.jpg

And here are the other ideas, all of which have a front and back to each...

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    Last edited by YNOT; 07-11-2005, 11:51 AM. Reason: Revised as of 7-10*
    tmooregraphics
    Horsepower For Your Business!
    Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

1 front, and 3 back looks good to me. I just love business cards that can show an exmple of your work, without need to visit a website or carry additional material around. I'd maybe consider keeping to black/grey on the back too ... orange seems a bit overkill ... I love the idea of just black/grey ... or maybe restirct it to the signature/logo alone.

Comment

I like 1 & 2 alot, 2's back. I think I'd go with number 1 though, I really do like the idea of it just in black/grey also but I would try variations of colors on these. Try out one where everything is black/grey on the car front like it is now and then introduce a little bit of orange like on the tire track graphic and the white letters, then take the back of number 2 and make it orange. You got some great designs here though and the color decision you make will be personal preference.

Comment

I like #1 all the way. A few suggestions though:

1: On the front, I think you could really draw attention to your name by using that orange. Everything else is grey so why not make a splash?

2: On the back, I would go with that same grey from the front on your name or perhaps graphic designer just to catch the eye.

A little bit of color goes a long way. Really outstanding business cards Y. Great job!
        Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

i agree with the grey but i like it best on the card you are currently using. i like the front of 4 with the backs info & your current front. if you want to change the feel maybe choose a different color. my.02 keep us informed
          Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

I LIKE #2 alot. I like how you've turned your tm graphic into tire tread.

#4 also has some possibilities, with the pinstriping/flame idea.

Florissant, MO? where's that? I just left MO (St. Joe)
            Me Blog, ya scurvy dog----> http://dreamindex.blogspot.com
            click the monkey... you know you want to... <updated 11/26!!

Comment

I really like 1 and 2. But I think that I was more drawn to 1 because it was so different.
              http://vvsol.com

Comment

I say do them all.
                Less be more.

Comment

i like 1, 2 and 4,
                  2 and 4 being my favourites!
                  love the colours you have going and the "squiggly" thing on top of your logo in 4!
                  1 is good if you want to show your work rather then just having your details on it
                  good luck
                  i love work...
                  ... i can sit and watch it all day

Comment

I can honestly say i like em all, including your original one!

The most professional way to decide, i believe, would be to draw straws!

Comment

I like them all...alot, but #4 the best....very nice!
                      While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. --Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm going to try to update these next week if I get a spare moment. I'll post my updates then. I'm still unsure of which direction I'm going to go on these. I'm always so undecisive on my own jobs, I like a little of this, a little of that, and can never be happy with anything I finally decide on.
                        tmooregraphics
                        Horsepower For Your Business!
                        Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by YNOT
                          Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm going to try to update these next week if I get a spare moment. I'll post my updates then. I'm still unsure of which direction I'm going to go on these. I'm always so undecisive on my own jobs, I like a little of this, a little of that, and can never be happy with anything I finally decide on.
                          I think many of us are in the same boat when it comes to designing our own stuff.

Comment

I would use "Front No. 1" as the back of your card but just have your web address, I dig the straight grayscale.
                            I would use "Front No. 2" as your front, I think the black orange split would be nice. Have you tried cranking it so that it is a vertical layout? I really like the gray truck illustration but all of your other card designs are horizontal, I think it might work better if you didn't have to turn the card when you flip it over.
                            match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

Tmoore designs

I liked all your designs, at least for the fact that you have put a good amount of time behind them - as far as the overall outlook goes it is the color (orange) that does seem a bit on the opposite side... i feel its too bright to be on a visiting card - suggest you could settle with a grey for that?

keep it up!
                              best regards
                              raj

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X