Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Are you interested in selling your company?
    KitchWitch
    Hi 858 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 04:28 AM
  • thebombman53
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    thebombman53
    I know of those sites - I actually have profiles on them. The point of building it myself is to give me practice with web design. Again, why I'm here asking for criticism. If you have any feedback, it...
    Today, 01:02 AM
  • Buster_
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    Buster_
    I can appreciate that you're trying to build your site from scratch, but why not use a portfolio hosting site that offers free templates until you're more comfortable with web design? There are plenty...
    Today, 12:05 AM
  • salsa
    Reply to Getting started...
    salsa
    If you're not sure you're making enough, figure out you income per hour and take into account all your expenses and overhead and blah blah blah. It takes some time to put together the spreadheets, or...
    Today, 12:02 AM
  • salsa
    Comment on Crit on my first business card? No client, experimental.
    salsa
    em: —
    en: –
    hypehn: -
    Yesterday, 11:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange County Breakers c&c ....

alrighty guys ... just launched our newest site for a women's professional football team (for those of you outside the U.S., it is american football). they needed the site up rather quickly, so there are a few sections still being worked on. also, we are setting up the news and roster/player bios sections shortly with php/mysql with an admin panel for easy updates.

opinions and comments welcome and very much appreciated ...

http://www.ocbreakersfootball.com/
    Short Attention Gamer | UFClounge

well done

llke the design and very easy to navigate.

did you do the logo also?

Comment

nice, easy on the eye, and quick to load! fab.
      i love work...
      ... i can sit and watch it all day

Comment

Nice. Looks good. =)

Comment

in the top logo in the upper left does it say "ORANGE C****Y" instead of "ORANGE COUNTY"???

C
          C
          U
          N
          T
          Y
          Less be more.

Comment

it moves over when you load. Open the first page and hit reload.
            Less be more.

Comment

That it does!

(Aside from that) I think it looks amazing. Very well done. I scrolled around to some of the other teams sites, and yours is BY FAR, the absolute best one I found. Have you considered constacting the league and soliciting them to redesign all the other team sites to match the Breakers format/layout? It would definitely give the league a little bit better image and some much needed consistency.

Great job.

Comment

hehe I agree Mynock ...was about to post something about how it couldn't say that, cos C is miles away from O (can't be a typo)...but then had a look for myself
                My head hurts
                ....................( I )
                ...................Ω

Comment

I like how I got censored,
                  Less be more.

Comment

thanks guys, just fixed it. can't believe i totally missed that ...

dy, i have thought about that. the photographer for the team has already inquired about my services. he's looking to redesign his site and really liked what i did with this one. this site was done as per my brother's request. his girlfriend plays on the team and he knew i could do a good job. i'm hoping it could turn into a "lead maker" ... only time will tell

thanks for the comments guys ... anyone else?
                    Short Attention Gamer | UFClounge

Comment

Yes, this is looking really nice. Like somebody else said, it loads super quick and smooth .. also nice.

The only quibble (and it really is a common quibble of mine), is how the drop-shadow onto the right light-grey column fights my eye whenever I look at the textual content. I also think the bottom disclaimer needs to be marginally darker (in print you can pull off a few subtleties, but in digitial media, LCDs tend to be really crappy by over-exagerating such pleasentries.

You know ... the style is so reminiscent of sports cards, that I could see a good argument for doing all the Football Club's sites ... so as to add some uniformed consistancy. Go get 'em!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                      Working...
                      X