Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    KitchWitch
    Hi Vidal and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 03:36 PM
  • VIDAL
    Reply to 14 secrets Designers will never tell you.
    VIDAL
    Print - I'm going to give you a design-gift for Christmas - plastered with ComicSans - not because I don't like you, but because I believe in equality for all font faces and designers - even Papyrus....
    Today, 03:30 PM
  • VIDAL
    Reply to 48 brand manuals
    VIDAL
    Heineken was one of my favorites - I was pretty unimpressed with BMW's Guidelines, ya know, being German und all!

Guten Nacht....
    Today, 03:02 PM
  • VIDAL
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    VIDAL
    I think Roth and TimDojo have considerably awesome critique's on your piece but I want to be a bit more direct and I might sound harsh.

Quite simply, lose your name to the right and consider...
    Today, 02:56 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to 14 secrets Designers will never tell you.
    PrintDriver
    I particularly like the reformatting of email.
    Like any designer would willingly choose Comic Sans...well... unless they didn't like the email sender maybe....
    Today, 02:55 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Card Crit

Please comment. I personally am not thrilled with the letter spacing on the street address. still working on that.

How bout the background screened back "Floss"? loose it? Keep it?

Sorry about the small size and the somewhat blurry copy. Also, the radius at the upper right and left would be die cut.

Basic web address on back.
    Attached Files
    all other forms of advertising that fall out of that realm, missed the short bus to design school. - d-frag

have you thought about just black and white? Or a gray with a hint of colour in it. Are you cutting the corners where that dark blue is? I think that would look swell, if not those two dark arrows on adjescent corners draw my eye away from the rest of the card.
    match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

Originally posted by INDY GS
      Also, the radius at the upper right and left would be die cut.
      ^ The corners will be die cut

Started out B&W, client wants the color. I can go either way as long as it has high contrast.
      all other forms of advertising that fall out of that realm, missed the short bus to design school. - d-frag

Comment

i don't know that i'd full justify the street addy. Esp. since nothing else is. and the ph # just seems to be floating there. I see the grid, but that's a lot of white space around it. I like the die-cut idea.
        I don't see the screen b/g. maybe it's just the jpg.

there's my .02
        Me Blog, ya scurvy dog----> http://dreamindex.blogspot.com
        click the monkey... you know you want to... <updated 11/26!!

Comment

1. the background 'floss' is fine. 2. fix the spacing on the address, its horrible to read. Have it right justified 3. is that thin line supposed to cut across the 'erin evans' text?
          I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

Originally posted by cjoe
            1. the background 'floss' is fine. 2. fix the spacing on the address, its horrible to read. Have it right justified 3. is that thin line supposed to cut across the 'erin evans' text?

The line does cut thru the erin evans, see the logo crit we went thru last week to see a large version. At this cruddy resolution that I loaded here, it shows bad, in the printed proofs it shows really well, plus this copy is smaller than it will actually be.

Thanks for the confirmation that the address looked bad justified like that.

I will try some other treatments for that and see how it looks.

Thanks!

Comment

Is the corner die-cutting adding a large expense?

Comment

It does add expense, fortunately, on this project expense is really not a huge issue. Usually this is not the case, clients care only about cost and not design.

I hope she buys into the idea. It will really add something to the piece.

Comment

Originally posted by INDY GS
                  It does add expense, fortunately, on this project expense is really not a huge issue. Usually this is not the case, clients care only about cost and not design.

I hope she buys into the idea. It will really add something to the piece.
                  it's so true
                  I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

It looks to me like the text isn't lined up with anything. The doctor's name, address & phone number look to be just floating in space. I know they are lined up with something however they are too spaced out. I would group them together, unbold the address and fix the justification.

Comment

I think that the die-cut will make a great difference.
                      I would move down "Membership Fellowship Certified" down so that it is as far from the bottom as it is from the side.
                      Also maybe try using the "Family Dentistry" serif font for the contact info and degree information.
                      match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

I like it! However, I would take all the text on the right and group it together towards the bottom right of the card a bit more; that way the phone number won't look so "lonely" just haning out there.

As well, having "erin evans, dds" and "erin evans, DDS" seems a bit redundant and doesn't allow the erin evans, dds with the logo to stand out enough, imho.
                        While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. --Mark Twain

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                        Working...
                        X