Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• skribe
    Reply to Problem with div help please?
    skribe
    @ vaprarts, I don't think what you are pointing out there is really going to help, because unless I am seriously mistaken, mikhende's site is running on WordPress.

@mikhende, On a typical...
    Today, 08:34 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to Database software printing
    skribe
    Welcome Robert,

As you are a new member please take a few minutes and read though our rules and guidelines for new members. The following links should get you up to speed.

GDF...
    Today, 07:57 AM
  • Robert1975
    Database software printing
    Robert1975
    Hi guys,
    I'm working in card manufacturing industry, so i'm printing on A4 pvc sheets.
    I'm trying to find a software which can do the followings:
    - arrange on A4 format 10 layouts (2...
    Today, 06:59 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Break points and Responsive design
    lowfatgraphics
    Not for the client, we already have the project.

This issue came up recently when one of our projects was in development. The developers were doing a poor job and I had a lot of back and...
    Today, 01:57 AM
  • garricks
    InDesign data merge adviceā€¦
    garricks
    I've been given the task of creating a directory of doctors, that will be redone twice a year. Tell me if you think this setup is insane, or if there's a better way.

It's sectioned as fo...
    Today, 01:56 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To know about building a portfolio

Hello all:

I am new to this forum and to be frank i came here with little hope of finding the huge universe of information here...

Well, talking business, i want to know a way to showcase my works online - other than going for an expensive as well as free (but full of pop-ups) website.. u said there's a way?? Well, i would appreciate if someone of you could share your ideas and knowledge. Just in case you know some addresses that showcase good portfolios, do share them too...

i thank you all from the bottom of my heart...
    raj

welcome to the forum, raj.

i don't know precisely what you would like to showcase, (ie. what sort of work would you like to display? how much work? who is your main audience?), but to get an idea of how to showcase, just google 'online portfolio' or 'artists' or 'designers' and have a look at what other people are doing out there...

you can find some interesting portfolio samples in the Ultimate Resource Thread, here.

...unless you need to know something specific about web design, in which case you need to narrow down your question a little! good luck.

Comment

Thanks a ton!!

Hi friend:

That was pretty quick - and i was amazed i missed out the most important part... i am into Graphic Design at this point in time (without an art school qual) all by my interest and want to establish myself in this vast field. Of course, I would like to venture into web design, but not immediately. My immediate goal is to attract some firms / people that look for freelance work.

I have been looking at those links under 'Ultimate Resources' - and what should I say... its all marvellous...!!

thanks again
      raj

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
      Working...
      X